Minolta flashes?

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello. I found a couple Minolta MAXXUM flashes for $25 each, and I was wondering if they are worth looking into. Sorry, I don't have the model numbers. Will they fit my wife's Alpha a230? And would these older flashes be worth considering, or is the pop up flash more powerful on its own?

Yes, they will fit.
Yes they are worth considering.
Yes, they will be more powerful than the a230 pop up flash unit.

Sony inherited Minolta's oddball, not industry standard iISO hot shoe design when Sony took over Konica Minolta's camera business in 2006.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_shoe

I would look into using them off camera, maybe buying a couple YN transceivers. I don't know if I could recommend putting an older flash on a newer DSLR camera, I could imagine theres voltage difference

Sent from my iPhone

I've used mine both off camera and in the hotshoe of my Nikon.

BTW: have you checked the prices of those units? Seems a little high, or offer $40 for both.

Designer, I hadn't looked into that yet. I'll mention it to her (wife's camera) and see what she says.

I should have mentioned that they have the right shoe. I'm not sure which ones they are in that list, but I know they take the oddball iISO shoe and not the.... other one that I'm not sure what it is, but it looks almost universal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back