Minolta Maxxum 50mm f1.4 AF lens.

I bet there are some very good deals on the older Alpha A900 and A700 full frame DSLR models. These were some of the First full frame 24 megapixel exmor generation cameras. Image quality was very good up to ISO 400.

yea...almost makes me wish i had a sony camera

Hmm, did I hear that ?
Almost

sent by synchronized cardioversion

Saw a Minolta 7000 Maxxum yesterday at the thrift store for 4.99. Read this today. Had to share.

About a month ago, I found a Sony Nex 3 at a pawn shop. No lens. 34.99. (Probably could have got it for 30.00) Should have grabbed it. Couldn't get decent signal to google with the phone. Went home and did some research. Wow, all sorts of adapters out there. Manual ones for many older mounts and full auto for Canon or Nikon. Plus, the Sony lenses. Went back the next day and it was gone. Go figure.

I bet there are some very good deals on the older Alpha A900 and A700 full frame DSLR models. These were some of the First full frame 24 megapixel exmor generation cameras. Image quality was very good up to ISO 400.

the a700 is crop frame, but reviewed well. probably pretty cheap nowadays.
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Review

the a900 is FX, introduced back in '08. also reviewed very well.
Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Review

Rowdy, NEX-3 is first gen of the Sony Mirrorless ... though still not a bad camera to use to adapt legacy lenses ... people are still buying these things (with kit lens) on eBay for $100

the a700 is crop frame, but reviewed well. probably pretty cheap nowadays.
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Review

the a900 is FX, introduced back in '08. also reviewed very well.
Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Review

I guess the "lesser model" I was thinking of was the A850: https://luminous-landscape.com/sony-alpha-850-review/

Rowdy, NEX-3 is first gen of the Sony Mirrorless ... though still not a bad camera to use to adapt legacy lenses ... people are still buying these things (with kit lens) on eBay for $100

I realize that, but looked like a cheap and easy way to play with a number of different lenses.

I owned the 1.7 and used it on my a700. It worked. Lens was pretty meh, but the camera was 100% compatible.

Did some more rooting and found more treasure from my minolta maxxum 9000.

1485696356550.jpg

1485696365490.jpg

sent by synchronized cardioversion

Ohhhhh, now THat was **the** lens I used to sell on Maxxumm 5000 and 7000 sales...people LOVED the idea of a 35-70mm lens instead of a 50mm lens. The macro mode switch made this lens sell really well, and at the time when Nikon had such dogs as the N4004 and N6006, the Maxxum 5000 camera was my #1 go-to camera to sell to folks who had no camera brand allegiance. Back in the day of the EOS 620 and EOS 650 Canons, with their HARD, PLASTIC- feeling bodies, the Maxxum cameras and lenses had softer rubber, and a more "traditional camera-like" feel to them. Hard do define, but the Maxxum 5000 and 7000 cameras were, in most ways, the most elegant and most suave cameras in the consumer market for a few years. They had the right mix of cosmetics, design features, and tactile appeal.

For example: the Nikkor 35-70mm f/3.3~4.5 AF was a hard-plastic type barrel, and no macro mode, and just "uggggh" tactile appeal ( I owned one for a long time), whereas the Maxxum optics looked prettier, the 35-70 had the macro mode, and looked "more expensive", or just "prettier". And at the time, the diagonally slanted lens rubber rings looked "sleek" and 'active', and really helped people cottn to the idea that thse new lenses would automatically focus! As far as this, the first-generation of AF cameras and lenses, Minolta did the best job of the transition: Canon next; then Nikon; then Pentax; and then dead-last was Oly. As far as customer sales, the maxxum 5000 and 7000 were the easiest 'sells' to people who had no prior allegiance to a brand.

Ohhhhh, now THat was **the** lens I used to sell on Maxxumm 5000 and 7000 sales...people LOVED the idea of a 35-70mm lens instead of a 50mm lens. The macro mode switch made this lens sell really well, and at the time when Nikon had such dogs as the N4004 and N6006, the Maxxum 5000 camera was my #1 go-to camera to sell to folks who had no camera brand allegiance. Back in the day of the EOS 620 and EOS 650 Canons, with their HARD, PLASTIC- feeling bodies, the Maxxum cameras and lenses had softer rubber, and a more "traditional camera-like" feel to them. Hard do define, but the Maxxum 5000 and 7000 cameras were, in most ways, the most elegant and most suave cameras in the consumer market for a few years. They had the right mix of cosmetics, design features, and tactile appeal.

For example: the Nikkor 35-70mm f/3.3~4.5 AF was a hard-plastic type barrel, and no macro mode, and just "uggggh" tactile appeal ( I owned one for a long time), whereas the Maxxum optics looked prettier, the 35-70 had the macro mode, and looked "more expensive", or just "prettier". And at the time, the diagonally slanted lens rubber rings looked "sleek" and 'active', and really helped people cottn to the idea that thse new lenses would automatically focus! As far as this, the first-generation of AF cameras and lenses, Minolta did the best job of the transition: Canon next; then Nikon; then Pentax; and then dead-last was Oly. As far as customer sales, the maxxum 5000 and 7000 were the easiest 'sells' to people who had no prior allegiance to a brand.
Hey, check out what I picked up today to go with that lens.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hey, check out what I picked up today to go with that lens.

Not sure, was there supposed to be a picture? Just wondering what you found.

send it to me and ill let you know...

Damn. I didn't even notice the pic didn't upload.
Let's try this again...

20170611_114023.jpg

Nice. Where'd you find that?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back