Minolta Monday!

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's been a bit too quiet in here lately. We should do some themes a couple times a week. Today's theme: Minolta Monday! Post your Minolta collection!

I'll start:

Minolta collection by longm1985, on Flickr

Front: X-370 and XG-SE, back: Plastic Fantastic Maxxum 7000.

All I have are fond,fond memories of Minolta from when I was about 12 years old. I spent summers at my Grandparents' farm, and we'd go into town onve every couple of weeks on mega-grocery shopping trips, and basically fill the trunk of his old 1969 Plymouth Fury II...a car with a HUGE trunk! One of the stops was usually Payless Drug Stores, which was in those days more of a variety store, and here in the far west, sold almost everything...kind of like Walmart does today. I remember one summer especially...ohhhh...I soooo much wanted a Minolta SRT-101, which was like $179.95. I remember they also had the SRT-100 for $149.95. But as a kid, I could not really afford such a camera. It would be a couple of years before I got to use my junior high school yearbook's SRT-102. But during that summer, I remember going to "the glass case", every week, where Payless kept a nice assortment of 35mm film cameras...and I realllly lusted after one of those Minoltas.

I think the SRT 101 and 201 and 202 were really gorgeous cameras. I wish I owned one!

How fitting! My old Minolta SRT 101 ate a roll of film today! Gotta love those machines. :)

min_zps8dd578c6.jpg

Well that caught my attention for long enough to log in! I unfortunately have no photos handy of my collection right now, but see my signature below for the Minoltas that I use. I love my Minoltas!!!

The tail end of the HI-MATIC line, and the cheap one too. Lots of plastic but appears to be solid and well made. Sits on the hand nice. Black foamy light trap stuff in good shape.

Haven't taken this one out for a drive yet$004.JPG

I don't have a picture of mine yet! Gimme a little while and I'll take a quickie.

Most excellent, folks. One of these days, I'd like to own a Minolta rangefinder that works. :lol: I've bought several, but they've all been broken for one reason or another. In fact, I've never successfully shot a full roll of film through a rangefinder at all... :blushing:

On a side note, I bought the Maxxum 7000 because it had a Minolta 3500 flash on it with hot shoe adapter (connects a Minolta shoe flash to a hot shoe). I've been using the Minolta flash on my Canon (I checked voltages first), and was thinking of ditching the Maxxum until I remembered that I actually liked using them for some reason.

Last edited:
My first "real" camera. Yes, that is art tape over the missing hot shoe.

$file4791255817824.jpg

And a shot from it taken about 5 years ago.

$file7861256512301.jpg

Oops. I forgot to post some of my other Minoltas. Will do tomorrow.

Neat idea minicoop...! I'll look through the collection, I think I have a few Minolta's around somewhere.

A couple more Minoltas:

min2_zps62969104.jpg

Minolta AL and Super A.

The AL is a nice little rangefinder camera that is often overlooked so it often sells for less than the more well know "cult cameras" but it's a great little picture taker. The Super A is an upscale interchangeable lens camera with detachable meter and about 5 or 6 available lenses as I recall. The one above has the 50/2.

The only one I have......................I think I got this maybe 15 years ago, I do remember it was free.

Ahhh .. from the Minds of Minolta.
I used to have an XTsi new back in the day.
But after the 90 day manufacturers warranty the shutter broke, and I threw it into the trash.
I then bought a Nikon N80

Most reactions

Back