minolta-rokkor 58 mm. f/1.2

Discussion in 'Sony Lenses' started by sarrasani, Aug 26, 2017.

1. sarrasani

sarrasani TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Fantastic portrait (and not only) lens, better than next Minolta, Olympus and Nikon of the same kind.
    Good focus dephth also at 1.2, great and particular separation, animated but not crazy (as Biotar or Trioplan, I like too....) bokeh, excellent vivid chromatic behaviour.

_DSC8706_DxO.jpg _DSC8797_DxO.jpg _DSC9406_DxO.jpg _DSC8797_DxO.jpg _DSC8864_DxO.jpg _DSC8799_DxO.jpg

2. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Agreed, it does put what I like to call a "visuall impression" or a "stamp" on the backgrounds when used at these ranges. In the third photo, the closeup of the lovely young woman (with her head resting on her hand) I like the way the sharply-focused area slides into the de-focused zone in a pleasing,subtle,gentle way; some other fast normal-length lenses tend toward an unpleasant double-line bokeh character on the out of focus background edges on close-range shots like that.

3. Braineack

Braineack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit

the bokeh is unique without being distracting. And I agree with Derrel on the transition from sharp to OOF -- I've had/have lenses that simply don't blur out so well.

you still have a chance to make these pop even more with a bit of post-processing. The ones with the grass in the BG appear as she was shot in full shadow, so you're missing some luster and the WB is too cool.