Minolta SRT101 doin' a selfie

smithdan

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
MSRT2015e.jpg

nice. I like the older cameras. Pretty much all of them. Even atlonims.

Man, oh man, how I wanted a Minolta SRT when I was a boy! I wanted one sooo badly, but could not afford one.

A used Minolta SR-T 101 was my 1st 35 mm SLR, which is why I thought it out of order for the text to be mirrored.

Man, oh man, how I wanted a Minolta SRT when I was a boy! I wanted one sooo badly, but could not afford one.

Can see why Derrel, this one is a beauty to hold and shoot. Never even thought of being able to afford one of these when they were new. Thanks to the digital revolution, get to drive one now.

A used Minolta SR-T 101 was my 1st 35 mm SLR, which is why I thought it out of order for the text to be mirrored.

Sorry to offend Keith, but leaving the image unflipped was intentional so as to show that the 101 is taking it's own picture and not just sitting there with a broken self timer.

A 'selfie' is a relative new word to photography and usually indicates a person holding a P&S or cell phone camera at arms length to make a photo of themselves.

So I don't expect to see a mirror, reversed text effect with a 'selfie'.

Lighten up, KmH...

This was my first camera too, smithdan, back 1976 I think. Takes me back. Like the MC lens too. I can hear the sound of that timer even yet.

Wish my Fujifilm cameras were this tough.

A 'selfie' is a relative new word to photography and usually indicates a person holding a P&S or cell phone camera at arms length to make a photo of themselves.

So I don't expect to see a mirror, reversed text effect with a 'selfie'.
Yes, but what about selfies taken with help of mirror ? They are selfies no more ? Before digi that was the way to take selfies beside tripod. (Not everyone's piece of equipment, even today.)

Have one of these "tanks" on the shelf in the closet. Can't seem to give it up. Great working condition.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back