Minolta SRT101 original unboxing numbers matching

WW2JAKE

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got this today for my birthday, a Minolta SRT101 in the original box, possibly unused? no dust in it or on the lenses doesn't look like it was ever used and if it was then possibly only one roll of film went through it. I thought it was cool to have the original box that the numbers match to the lens and body. plus the inspection sticker ect. so felt like sharing.

m1.jpg
m2.jpg
m3.jpg
m4.jpg
m5.jpg
m6.jpg
m7.jpg
m8.jpg
m9.jpg
m10.jpg
m11.jpg
m12.jpg

That's awesome! Gotta love N.O.S! With so many being produced there has to be a few left on the shelves somewhere.

That's awesome! Gotta love N.O.S! With so many being produced there has to be a few left on the shelves somewhere.
Oh I do love N.O.S.! I wonder how many are out there? I might never know the answer but I'm glad this one is mine! I don't even want to use it haha

This is mint or near mint but not NOS.

either way I still love it :1219:

I unboxed one one those SRT-101 cameras many years ago, my first SLR. I say go use your new camera, I would just use a different strap and keep the original in the box.

I had a slightly newer model MC lens with the rubber knobs on the lens and it was a Rokkor-X which I think was just a designation for the US market. I also did not have the ASA/DIN dial on the back, and besides changing the strap the only other modification I made was to glue on a film box-top holder. My camera came with a black camera case which I also removed after about the first week as it made the camera feel much too big.

The auto-indexing and CLC meter made the Nikon F look like a dinosaur in comparison. The DOF preview button and mirror-lock-up were were useful and also helped me along in learning photography at the time and features I still like to have on my cameras. Not having a hot-shoe also led me into off-camera flash early on.

Overall a nice sample of this classic camera, I expect the occasional use would be better for the camera than having it sit on a shelf. I would not use the original strap, its nothing fancy and will show wear faster than anything else.

Very nice! You don't too often find a camera with its original lens and the box (looking at the sticker it probably was used but put back for safekeeping). Have fun using your Minolta. (hint, hint) It's been cooped up! lol take it out for a spin.

Very nice. It looks unused but it has been unboxed once. The body and items used to come in clear plastic bags like the one in the top photo.

I don't believe they came with the eye cup, either, or at least my father's didn't. Still a great find.

I don't believe they came with the eye cup, either, or at least my father's didn't. Still a great find.
I didnt think so either, but it has a cut out for it as you see so I guess it must have?

also note that it appears this camera was originally purchased from a Walgreens.

also, one of the reasons I don't particularly want to use it is because I have a 2nd fully functioning SRT101 which is also in great condition so I figure I'd opt to use it instead.

My other SRT101
13530432_1096227490448290_1752906771_n.jpg

Side by side...
13510562_1096227520448287_214510437_n.jpg

Pretty neat find!! Enjoyed looking at it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is a classic. One of the most popular SLR's of its time. I was sad to see Konica/Minolta exit the camera business a decade ago. Congratulations on a nice camera.

Most reactions

Back