Minolta XG-A

BlackFire19

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay I posted another thread saying the wrong thing sorry but I thought I had my camera type memorized so I heard a Minolta XG-A which is the camera type I have was a good type of camera. So can anyone tell me whats so special about these kind of cameras anyway?

I know I may be stupid at the moment when it comes to photography but why is it such a good camera?

I wouldn't say it is "such a good camera".

It's just a film SLR. It's a light-tight box that you put film into that has some knobs on top.

A Coolpix is probably a much better camera for general use.

Well would you say its a good camera if you're wanting to take photos professionally say if you wanted to take pics of models and stuff?

Oh, the memories- I vividly remember the XG. I worked on these things for Minolta back in 1978. The XG was Minolta's first lightweight plastic framed SLR, and the, er, well everything, had a few, er, many, "teething problems". Some customers were on their third new body before they moved on. The letters were hilarious, one guy complaining that he was afraid that his XG would explode in his hands. Perhaps they got it all sorted out after I left the company... Good luck. :D

From what I hear now it seems like this camera is a really old film camera and since then I decided to go digital and try to go get a Nikon D40 when I can afford it. Cause I talked with a person that knows more about the quality of cameras then me and he said that the Nikon D40 would be a good digital camera to use.

Most reactions

Back