Minor banding with Epson 2200P

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by photojunky, Jul 28, 2006.

1. photojunky

photojunky TPF Noob!

I hope this is the right forum. I am printing with an Epson 2200P. Recently I have noticed that when printing a photo with a lot of dark black colors there is some minor banding. Major to all of us who print their own stuff. I did a head cleaning, check nozzle, head alignment, and even switched out some of the ink cartridges that were getting near empty. After I did all this I still get some minor banding (just enough to drive me crazy) with the dark colors. HELP!

2. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Did the nozzle check come out ok? What are your driver settings? What does the banding look like? Is it a thin white line, or something else?

3. photojunky

photojunky TPF Noob!

All the maintenance checks were fine. I have tried different settings, hard, vivid, sharp and not so sharp. It does not seem to make a difference.

I just had a thought. The last 2 photos in which this problem was an issue were from scans of slides. (Nikon 8000ED) I think it may be the scanner. I remember having a similar issue with under exposed slides a couple of years ago that went away by itself. I’ll post my findings.

Thanks.

4. photojunky

photojunky TPF Noob!

I just checked the file from the scan. It is hard to see on the monitor, but yep, scanning issue.

Thanks again,

Jeremy ( Photojunky )