Minor design choices that bug you

nickzou

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Really minor stuff. Things that would never dissuade you from an actual purchase or when comparing two characters but things that you would rather have fixed given a choice. Mine would be when the SD card shares the compartment with the battery. For some reason, and I don't really know why, I like the SD card to have its own door.

Last edited:
Lots. Far too many to start listing them all.

Just one simple example that applies to many things: The name.

Yes, if the name is stupid, then I'm not interested in finding out any more about it. I figure if the designer is completely out of ideas, his product probably sucks, and I'm not going to reward stupidity.

A wheel that doesn't have enough corrugations on its edge that it can be turned with one's thumb and I need to use two fingers and thumb to grab it. (Rear wheel on OMD top deck)

A wheel that doesn't have enough corrugations on its edge that it can be turned with one's thumb and I need to use two fingers and thumb to grab it. (Rear wheel on OMD top deck)

Yeah, that ^^^

Hmm, I actually perfer an SD card sharing the battery conpartment. It is one door instead of two. More solid body, one part less to break, one hole less for damp and dust to crawl into the body.

Just one simple example that applies to many things: The name.

Yes, if the name is stupid, then I'm not interested in finding out any more about it. I figure if the designer is completely out of ideas, his product probably sucks, and I'm not going to reward stupidity.
Surely the product and the name are not necessarily related. The product is designed by engineers. The name is produced by the marketing department. There have been some great products out there that have been killed by marketing decisions.

Most reactions

Back