Minor Dilemma Old Canon Hardware

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Stopped by a thrift store yesterday and saw they had a used camera in the case -- took a look.

Canon AE-1 program -- fair condition with the over-sized winder, easy to walk away from. No battery so unable to test.

But 50mm f/1.2 FD lens (NOT L), and 35mm f/2 FD lens both in very nice condition.

They have the whole set priced at $150.00. I know those two lenses minus the camera are worth twice that. I have no personal use for the glass or camera so I left it, but now it's nagging me. Do I want to go get it and then go through the trouble of selling it to make a profit?

Anyone want that glass?

Joe

No, but I'd consider the two lenses and uh, do I don't know what with the camera body... buy a different body to go with the lenses?? lol I already have Canon film camera bodies and lenses so I'm all set.

I would go in and look the lenses over really well. If they are indeed good. I'd offer $100 and say its a risk not knowing if the camera works or not. $100 and the lenses are good, it would be a steal. And the thrift store is still getting $100 to boot.

Of course I would buy it to keep for myself. Not turn around and sell.

Hearsay I know. I don't know exactly where the 1.2 i had went. But I always liked the 1.8 better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Finally found replacement batteries for my EF with 50mm FD f/1.4. Hasn't had a roll of film in it since early 1980. Plan on trying it after we get back from the latest trip.

This morning I'm feeling disinclined to pursue it. There's no way I'd ever use so it would just be a way to make a little money flipping it -- too much trouble, but the lenses were pretty.

Joe

That 35 is a nice lens.

Most reactions

Back