Mint Seller

in2thewild

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I took this photo
IMG_725990.jpg
of a mint seller in a rural town in Saudi Arabia. What do you think?
I haven't figured out how to upload a raw file in under 4 MB yet so sorry for the reduced JPEG version.

Hmm, interesting expression ... umm, first appearances it looks like he is mad at you.

you can't upload raw files; they really aren't viewable.
the shame of this picture is that his hands are so OOF.

I do not see Saudi mint seller when I look at this photo... I see someone angry you are taking their photo.

p!nK

Well, he agreed to let me take a photo of him so I don't think he can be mad. Yeah, I didn't manage to get the focus settings on point in this one...

IMG_20160913_073418.jpg
IMG_20160913_073957.jpg
IMG_20160913_073418.jpg

Do you think that either of these images shows more of the man's personality? Now you can see the mint (!).

What lens do you use for this kind of shot?

Your first image will do fine in a series of (holiday) photos, but IMO, as a "solo" it doesn't work (wonder what he is doing with his hands, nothing tells me he's a mint seller...). Maybe more interesting to crop the first photo and restyle this image into a portrait in B&W, but that's absolutely just my idea.

View attachment 127525
OK, thanks

He is potentially an interesting subject, but the light here is unimaginative, the color scheme is not striking either, and the atmosphere is visibly tense. Probably a closer shot from a lower position with wider lense and shallower DOF to blur that wall could help. Here the guy does not fit the surroundings, because the building behind him is clearly modern. There are too many distractions in this shots that make it very difficult to pull. I think it is a nice shot as a part of your personal travelog, but as a standalone street portrait it can not defend itself in my view.

Thanks for your critique. Still lots to learn!

Most reactions

Back