minus the swirlies!!

mygrain

Friend to nose goblins everywhere
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like this shot but my scanner is causing all of these rings to appear...
enidsum1.jpg

it looks like windex smear to me....or some type of oily film....hmmmm....

md

Someone said it was newton rings...something to do with the scanner drum or belt lagging. It just started to do it and I'm looking into having it replaced. It's only showing up on my medium format neg scans though.

Those are newton rings... you could easily take those out with the healing brush. I always get them too when scanning med format slides on my flatbed scanner. My glassless dedicated 35mm slide/neg scanner never suffers from it.

voodoocat said:
Those are newton rings... you could easily take those out with the healing brush. I always get them too when scanning med format slides on my flatbed scanner. My glassless dedicated 35mm slide/neg scanner never suffers from it.

healing brush? you can't do MF on the dedicated..thus the "35mm" part right?

Do you have photoshop? The healing brush looks like a band-aid.
Yes, the dedicated scanner only does 35mm.

voodoocat said:
Do you have photoshop? The healing brush looks like a band-aid.
Yes, the dedicated scanner only does 35mm.

Yep...PS6....hmmm I don't recall seeing that....It's at home and I'll have to check later..how does it work?

Scanner... yep thought so...MF dedicated are mucho$$$$$$$

Well, the rings are unforunate but it's still a lovely shot. I really like this peaceful scene. My main problem with it is the decidedly magenta cast in the water, especially towards the bottom of the image. What time of day was this?

terri said:
Well, the rings are unforunate but it's still a lovely shot. I really like this peaceful scene. My main problem with it is the decidedly magenta cast in the water, especially towards the bottom of the image. What time of day was this?

Late sunset and with the sun to my left flank. I kind of like the purple tone...makes it almost surreal.

Damn the swirlies, it looks like a good pic aside from them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back