Mirrorless for street photo...fuji or sony?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by mechanical_eye, Nov 4, 2017.

1. cgw

cgw No longer a newbie, moving up!

Walked away this a.m. from a pile of new black Fuji XT1 bodies at a local shop--C$599 a pop. Uncharacteristic restraint...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Gary A.

Gary A. Been spending a lot of time on here!

Top Poster Of Month

The XT2 is a significant improvement over the XT1 ... but when on a budget, nothing wrong with old or used/refurbished of any brand.

3. dck22

dck22 TPF Noob!

If you want interchangeable lenses, look into a used X-Pro1 w/ 27mm pancake lens. I use the X-Pro2 with that lens for street and am very happy.

4. Gary A.

Gary A. Been spending a lot of time on here!

Top Poster Of Month

The problem with the XP1 is the slow focus. You can easily flick it into Manual Focus and Zone Focus. Otherwise, it will be difficult and frustrating for a photographer, who is lower on the learning curve, to be effective using the AF for something as fluid and changing as Street. There is a night and day difference between the focusing speed of the XP1 and XP2.

5. jcdeboever

jcdeboever TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit

I have the XPro2 and the XT2. Both are wonderful for different reasons. If I were a right eyed shooter, I'd probably use the XPro2 more. I could essentially buy the 18-135 stick it on the XPro2 and be happy as a clam.