Miscellaneous scanned prints - for view4mheaven mostly

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So here is a very random selection of scans from prints - prints obtained through handing in my rolls of film at any drugstore, really, who would send in all their photo bags to a big (read: huge) central photo lab and get back the bags and prints two days later for me (or others) to collect their pics. Our member view4mheaven wanted to see what such prints might look like:

1. A sunset (pic taken in Sweden in summer 2002)
088sonnenuntergang2ammienseefiltered.jpg

2. Trawbreaga Bay, Inishowen Peninsular, Co. Donegal, Ireland, summer 2004
013c4353trawbreagabaybackstrandfromdoaghisland.jpg

3. You might even recognise this yourself?!?!?
090c8940dunlucecastlecloseup1.jpg

4. And this too, I should guess ;)
096c9545giantscauseway2.jpg

Keep in mind that these are a) scanned prints (scanned on my own flatbed scanner here at home), and that I b) had to compress them quite a bit to be able to load them into the server.
In other words: the prints are much better.
OK?
And I get a 9x13 cm print made here in Germany for 1 ct/piece. Film processing is € 2,69.

wow,i never thought they would turn out so good,i was expecting them to be like photocopies.no1 is class,i like the way the cloud arks over the sunrays.no 3 ofcourse,is dunlose (cant spell) castle and no4 is giants causeway,you must have took the 24 mile walk yo get up on the ridge to get that shot.did you go to the carickareed rope bridge?

Yes, we also went to Carrickarede and across the rope bridge. Took some nice pics there, too, but those are not scanned right now... would take a longer time to go looking for the pics in the albums, sorting out the prints, scanning them, trimming them, downsizing and uploading them to present. But if you ask nicely I might ;) ;) ;) :biggrin: ...

And I think it spells "Dunluce Castle".

As to the 24 mile approach to Giant's Causeway: the longest is no longer possible because of a landslide some 8 years ago or so, we took that one when I was there first in 1990.

Oh my ... so where have my "Holidays in Ireland 2004"-albums gone?

Well, then, but one day I must make you come over and do the hoovering for me for this, or washing the windows... something like that!

carrickarede1.jpg

(The rope bridge is a bit hard to see in this one, it covers the gap between the big dark rock on the left of the frame and the island in the sea - of which you can't really tell it is an island, but it is one, with a gorge in between, covered by that bridge. If you look closely, you see SOME white there).

In this one I like how you can see the Scottish coast (Kintyre Peninsula with the famous - for Paul McCartney fans - Mull of Kintyre) PAST Rathlin Island. That one is closer and far in the haze is Scotland.

carrickarede2.jpg

carrickarede3.jpg

Views of the coastline to our right while we were standing in line waiting to be allowed to cross over the gorge on that bridge

carrickarede4.jpg

Husband, son and daughter (hiding behind daddy) on the bridge - everyone wanted to take photos of their dear ones on the bridge and I did not want to take as forever as many of them did, but HAD to take this one in the end, too.

And I find I took a lot less photos at the time, all in all. Being restricted to 36 exposures per film DOES make you think twice about the amout of frames you take...!

there really nice pics no 3 is my fav,when we went to cross the bridge (was about ten maybe even 13 years ago my dad wouldnt let me cross because i was too small.i was furious but im glad i didnt cause when he,my sis,and mum were about half way across my sis thought it would be funny to swing the bridge back and forth it was hillarious,:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: a real kodak moment

Hello LaFoto, is #3 in Ireland or Scottland?

It looks magnificent and makes me long for a visit there!

Most reactions

Back