Miss Mandy Murphy -C&C welcome!

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some pictures I took today with Mandy, she was a WONDERFUL model.

This was my first time using this many lights, and I know I still have a lot to learn about the power they possess.

Some of the photos I didn't LIKE all the white being blown out, so I toned it down, with varying success. Let me know what you think.

(this first series was about the relationship between models and photographers...)

DSC_0465.JPG

DSC_0460.JPG

DSC_0345.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0331.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0290.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_0077.JPG

DSC_0481.JPG

DSC_0499.JPG

DSC_0501.JPG

DSC_0502.JPG

DSC_0506.JPG

DSC_0544.jpg

DSC_0549.jpg

This may just be me being weird but I think #5 and #11 are really nice. #5 because it has a playful feel to it and #11 well I don't know why. I'm not particularly fond of this model's "sexy" look it seems to strained.

composite_e_small_bnw_A.jpg
Another one:

Anymore C&C on these? It was one of my first times using studio lights, and wanted to see how I did!

ok i take back my previous statement. The one you just posted is the best. For lighting on some of the first few i think that the lighting is pretty good but a little adjustment to help nock out some of the shadows but still leave the darker background. If that makes since at all to you

Work on your skills at picking which pictures to post (scale down the list a little). You're well ahead of most people on this forum in my opinion from here you just need to work on your style.

Another not (just personal opinion) If you're going to do B&W film is the only way to go.

Thanks for the feedback on these!

It's hard to give more detailed critique when there are so many images in one thread.

The first 4 and a few others seem to be underexposed. I'm looking at the model's face and it's just too dark.

The viewer's eye is naturally drawn to the brightest areas and/or the areas of greatest contrast. When shooting a model like this, you usually want to draw attention to her face and eyes and to do that, the face should be the brightest part of her body...or at least well exposed. Not to mention that getting some more light into her face can really open up those eyes. In too many of the shots, here eyes are just too dark.

In too many of the shots (including the last, larger one) she is tiling her head back...which lets us look right up her nose and sort of gives her a 'pig snout' look. I think she looks much prettier when she's not tilting back like that.

Most reactions

Back