Missed Opputunity In Town

Wozza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.nzgamer.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I was walking through town with my camera gear today, some police were moving on a drunken hobo. He was hanging onto one of the policemans legs before being dragged off along the street by two officers, each dragging him by one arm as he wouldn't walk.

Part pf me went 'wow that would make a great photo'. But most of me was too aware of a bench full of his mates and not wanting to enjoy someone elses misfortune so I kept walking. Usually I don't take people shots, but I know it was a one off photo opputinity and would have made a powerful raw image.

I guess this is why I usually photograph landscapes and critters.

Anyone else kick themselves for missing an opputunity?

I missed a shot this morning as well. I was on my way home from work when a snowplow a couple hundred yards out infront of went completely sideways due to the road conditions, but I had my lens cap on and gloves on.

By the time I could get the lens cap off the driver had the truck straight again :(

i used to say i should be a news photographer cause i was always taking pictures of drama and would laugh and show to people. nowadays it's just been landscapes and flowers too.

i was driving to work one day and there was a heron (sp?) crane standing in a creek with a little bridge in the background with water flowing through it. i was pissed because i didnt have my camera with me and was running late to work.

i had a missed opportunity.. i was driving down the highway the next afternoon that we had a snow storm and i passed this exit and a salt truck was pulled off to the side with his hazards on and about 10 ft off the shoulder in the ditch was an suv flipped upside down and you could tell it just had recently happened. my camera was in the bag tho and i was going about 80 lol, so i really didn't have time time to get it but it would have been a sweet shot.

i had a missed opportunity.. i was driving down the highway the next afternoon that we had a snow storm .... and i was going about 80.....

:confused: Did you want to be the next vehicle upside down?

I've had frequent missed opportunities. Most of mine were missing the opportunity to shoot something, anything, in magnificent light conditions. I don't know how many times I've said to myself, "I wish i had my camera right now." :er:

^^ haha, i said the same thing to my sister. she had her baby and i was going to the hospital! oh well, the roads weren't bad. so idk how the suv did it, they just screwed up pretty bad.

I saw an amish or Mormon woman in traditional colonial wear talking on a cell phone at Teton Village ski resort. She was out of sight in seconds. I almost chased her down, but I chickened out.

Love & Bass

Well this is why i made sure my phone had good camera when i got it. I love to take random quick pics and send them to my friends when something funny happens

Thats what I thought too... but the Mormon lady kindly and firmly corrected me that she was not Amish, but Mormon... this was at an airport last week.

Whenever I leave my camera at home I can count on seeing an accident, fire, police chase etc.... murphys law?

or just california ?

LOL, California has to do with some of that I'm sure Thorhammer. I used to keep my old beat up 300D in the car with me so I always had it, but when I sold it and got a 400D, I was too afraid of breaking a new camera to keep it in my car all the time. So I miss opportunities all the time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back