Antithesis

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.epanderson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
[rant]
I went out shooting today with so-so results. I got out later than I wanted to and ended up shooting in the shade. I may have gotten some ok shots, but nothing really awesome. Then, on my way home, I looked off the side of the highway and saw the last peach-colored light of the day reflecting off the surface of a little river. I saw it and frantically looked around for a place to pull over so I could get the shot, but to no avail (damn guard rails). I remembered there being a bridge somewhere close, so I could have gotten a good vantage point from the center of the river, but couldn't find it.

I was happy to be outside, but I walked around in snowshoes for about 2 hours and didn't really find very much to shoot. And then I finally see the shot I'm looking for, and I don't get it. Rubbish.
[/rant]

Damn.... sorry to hear that. At least you got outside for a bit right? :)

It happens. I recently went out to a partially frozen lake to take some shots of some of the ducks and a goose or two. I did not want to lug my camera bag through the snow so I slapped on my 200mm. Come to find out these things were so used to people they approached me, to the point they were inside my minimum focus distance. Slapped myself for leaving my other lenses in the car.

It happens to me ALL THE TIME. Just have to block it out of your head. Then keep shooting.

Here's what I have problems with. I bring my camera to school every day and use it almost every day, and for a solid week, (first time it has happened after 1 and 1/2 year of me using it daily) I just wasn't using it. I didn't turn it on ONCE for a week which was weird. So I didn't bring it the next day..... that day ONE DAY I didn't have it........ senior prank happened (TP in the parking lot EVERYWHERE), a professional photographer doing something with our yearbook was giving me advice and I couldn't test them that moment, and to top off, a 2008 Porsche 911 was parked 3 spots from me in the lot! That was last Tuesday, now my camera is religiously attached to me, and I drive with it in the passenger seat so I don't miss a photo. Hope you feel better now. Good luck getting that next perfect moment.

oh man.. i feel it.
i went on a long hike that had all kinds of potential.. creeks waterfalls you name it..
this place was a few hours from home.
got there and realized my memory card was still in my computer...
left the camera in the car and hiked anyway.. bummer

Yeah, I drove up to the same spot about a week before, got about 10 minutes from it (about an hours worth of driving) and realized I left my battery on the charger... :(

I got out today though and got a whole lot of good shots, so I'm happy. Kharma actually worked for me instead of against me today :)

One of the shots I got today, HDR'd and processed to hell and back. I like it though :)

2272747351_a7feb6573f_b.jpg

Hmm nice shot, I'd suggest a little more contrast though.

Your right, I was just messing with in PS and a little more contrast does look a little better. It starts to get pretty cartoony, but the image looks that way regardless.

Most reactions

Back