missing part of sensor coating

It's likely that the sensor and glass are one module, and their protocol is to replace the entire module even if the problem is with the glass. It might cost too much for them to diagnose the problem at that detail, or to do the precision work needed to replace only one when they have hundreds of cameras needing repairs.

Have you looked into having the filter removed entirely? There are services that can do that.
i have a dremel with a cutting wheel that might do it.

Hand it off to a beginner. Order a new camera. Voila! Problem solved.

i was thinking of using it for a beater since my concern for its welfare has just diminished quite a bit.... I could probably shoot another hundred k shots from it and have it covered in sand a few more times. Get something nicer for when i'm not at the beach, in snow, rain etc. New 7100s are 800 dollars or less and thats not even on a sale they will drop in price even more. Used are even cheaper.

i was thinking of using it for a beater since my concern for its welfare has just diminished quite a bit.... I could probably shoot another hundred k shots from it and have it covered in sand a few more times. Get something nicer for when i'm not at the beach, in snow, rain etc. New 7100s are 800 dollars or less and thats not even on a sale they will drop in price even more. Used are even cheaper.

I was going to recommend a Canon….but what ever.

lol.

i am not brand specific other than matching lenses i still shoot some 70's cameras and point and shoots. I have no canon lenses though hmm.

lol.

i am not brand specific other than matching lenses i still shoot some 70's cameras and point and shoots. I have no canon lenses though hmm.

All the more reason to go shopping. You'll need a new bag too. One that has Canon logos on it so people know you're a "real" photographer.

And a new hat.

lol.

All the more reason to go shopping. You'll need a new bag too. One that has Canon logos on it so people know you're a "real" photographer.

And a new hat.
yeah i don't care what people know or think they know. You make a valid point on the canon though i never had a canon i thought they kept changing the mounts so avoided them hmm

lol.

And a new hat.
yeah i don't care what people know or think they know. You make a valid point on the canon though i never had a canon i thought they kept changing the mounts so avoided them hmm

Well, if you don't get the hat forget it. People will judge you.

I just drop all bodies and lenses in the dishwasher once a month.
They come out a little wet, but 15 minutes in the microwave and they are like brand new.

Say what?

You mean you toss 'em in the nuke machine instead of the clothes dryer?

What a hack! :beguiled:

my dishwasher has a dry cycle you don't think it would work well enough? I wish they made cameras that way but i think only my waterproof one would survive it.

Next time use a piece of silk cloth. That way you can strip the coating off the filter evenly. :allteeth:

Most reactions

Back