Misty Heights

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was playing with different blend modes and Alpha layers and came up with this.
I'm still getting used to the whole Alpha concept and it's seriously messing with my head.

BrushFrameAlphaTest.jpg

Do you reckon the frame sorta goes here? or should I scrap it.
If I go back and reshoot this, I'll definately make sure that low branch isn't cutting through the pic. Any other suggestions on reshooting, or the PS technique appreciated.

Hmm, i have no idea what alpha layers are :???: Is that what has gave it a glowing effect?

To be honest i prefare a more simplistic frame, have you tried it with a simple frame?

I'm not sure if I understand alpha layers/channels/masks (dunno what you call them) completely either. You know how layer masks let through part of an image to the next layer? Well alpha layers allow a certain amount of an effect through. Basically like a normal layer mask but instead of it just letting all the effect through dimly- it can let just a little bit of the effect through but nice and strongly. Ok that wasn't well explained at all.
I'll get back to you on it.

Here's the pic with no frame - i coulnd't find a frame I liked.

MistyTreeNoFrame.jpg

i will have to check them alpha layers/channels/masks things out, i like that "dreamy" effect.

Photo looks better bigger too!

The alpha layer only affected the border on the original one posted.

I got the dreamy look by using duplicating the picture twice and then using two different blend modes. Lighten and screen I think. Then had to use layer masks to cut down the effects in some areas.

Most reactions

Back