Misty light at the river

fishing4sanity

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got to the river perhaps a little too late, but still liked the increasing mist/fog and fading out effect of looking across the Columbia river this morning.
DSC_6796-1.jpg

I then went up on top and found some windmills in the fog, but couldn't get the look in camera to equal the actual view. The fog got so thick that driving was slow and difficult and so I headed home, passing an old windmill along the way. Skies were still just flat grey, so I need to go back when the sky is better.
DSC_6811-1.jpg

DSC_6845-Edit-1.jpg

The last 10 to 12 miles home is on a desolate gravel road. I thought I should change to the 150 to 600 in case there were any coyotes or hawks, but I was in a hurry ..... sure enough come around the corner and here's this buck just topping the ridge. Maxed the zoom to 200 and cropped heavily, not a great photo, but a very nice buck for these parts.
DSC_6857-1.jpg

Interesting shots fishing. I like the one of the "old farm type" windmill and the last sunset with the silhouettes of the trees.

WesternGuy

Very nice! Great sunset.

Nice shots. It's very picturesque over there on that side of the mountains. I like the looks of that big muley buck! The wind turbine shot is subtle, and the disappearing of the blades on some of them does a kind of slow reveal that would,in a print, be more likely seen right away than on-screen, where one has to "look a bit" to see the hidden along with the revealed.

It's a nice time in photography, now that the various 100-500,150-500, 200-500,and 150-600 long, tele-zooms are out there and are affordable and carry-able; things were different 15 years ago when about all we had were drecky lenses from one maker, and the $4,000 Nikon 200-400mm f/4-VR.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back