Misty Morning (revisited) (p.p.p.p.)

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by LaFoto, Apr 13, 2005.

1. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have added some photos to my "Misty Morning" thread, not new ones, just various manipulations to the first of the two pictures, but I'm afraid those who were interested in the thread will not go to it a second time. Plus my additions are frightfully varied in size, courtesy of Photobucket. So I downsized them to "web size" manually before I uploaded them again, hoping that all will be the same size now (?).

Well, I must admit that the first of the two photos in that thread (the one out of which LittleMan thankfully cloned the pipe that stuck out of the grass) was not "straight from the camera".

(1) I will begin to present you a version that is all untreated, other than that I cropped it to panorama style, like Jeff had suggested I do to get rid of too much of foreground (thus getting rid of that nasty pipe easily, too ;)).
    (2)Then I'll show you a version in which I went down in luminosity by -30 and upped contrast by +100. I did that to this and all the following manipulations as a general rule. Plus I upped saturation by +30.
    (3) After that I tried out a black and white version, increasing contrast by moving up the red filter to quite some extremes, I think.
    (4) Then real play began with me creating a cold, nighttime-like atmosphere with the means of the colour temperature filters ("icy cold" =80A) ...
    (5) ... or to create something almost too warm as if a late sun were shining through the fog by putting up the "very hot" 85B-filter. It is just fun playing around a bit...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I only hope they're all the same size NOW!!!

YES!!!! That's how I wanted it!

2. pursuer

pursuer TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice stuff, I like the second one the most but the last is kind of cool too. Good work!

3. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    the last one for me :D:D

4. AIRIC

AIRIC TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like the last one. it has that nice golden sunrise effect

Eric

5. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yeah, well, what all you can do by pushing the levels - ok, this was not pushing them "just a little bit" but well to extremes, but... What did my dad say when he saw some of the manipulations here? "Never trust any photo unless you've taken it yourself". For there WAS NO golden sunrise ;););).

6. Sergiozal

Sergiozal TPF Noob!

To me it looks like a sand storm :mrgreen:

Hey, great stuff. I like the B&W version (actually I am becoming addicted to B&W), but the last one is also great. The panorama view became much better then the previous standard size...
    Good work :thumbup: