Misty Morning

naughtybunny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Too busy recently. Final squeeze some time to post some.
C & C are much welcome.

3047716738_970e4e73ca_o.jpg

3042332861_6f0cc634c4_o.jpg

3039714501_58df6f1c44_o.jpg

2993929853_8a36a34562_o.jpg

I think out of all of these, number 1 best shows the mist. I think there's too much water in the bottom of the photo, though.

Where did the boat come from????

Great pic though, its my favorite by far.

If you do the selective colouring in the way I do it, it was a painstaking job you did on that tree! You seem to have forgotten one leaf and one twig on the furthest left, though.

The idea of Photos 2 and 3 was ambitious and I see what you meant to show, but I don't think either of the 2 really works - the bright parts are simply too bright (and dominating the photo), so all that is to be seen say "overexposed" to me.

The first is nicest, though I'm not fond of the far bank line being so close to the middle of the photo. To my mind, it'd work better with no sky to be seen above the trees.

The first one is very nice, it has an eery haunted lake feel to it. :)

Thanks for comments and advice.

I want the mist to be pure white but I may go too far and result in overexposed.

it's really nice to wake up in the morning if you have a picture like that

You did well to go out and capture such a great location, and I still like the pics, but in each one there is something to bug me about either composition or exposure.

In the first, the mist is amazing, but I think it would have worked better with a longer lens and a slightly tighter crop, with a rule of thirds composition (water occupying bottom third), and the boat to the left, looking into the frame. There's just too much dead space at the bottom for me.

The second is nice but the blown out sky reallu bugs me. The shot just begs for an ND grad, or for exposing for highlights and doing a levels adjustment for the trees.

The third just seems overexposed slightly.

I don't have much to say about the last. I prefer the others overall.

Great appreciation for your comments.

How about this one. It should not be much overexposed.
3097522860_c3828d3e68_o.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back