Mixing Profoto Compact-R 600 with Speedotron?

krodgie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, I have kind of a strange question.

I own a simple speedotron brown line power pack with 2 heads.

I'm doing a job in which I need 4 heads to get things done, problem is no one actually rents speedotron brown-line heads and I don't want to purchase any for one shoot.

I could rent a speedotron black line power pack, pluf 4 heads but it would be more economical to simply rent 2 other heads that I can pair with what I've got.

So, I'm thinking about renting 2 profoto compact-r 600 monoblocs. They have built in pocket wizard receivers. I already have the PW receivers set up on my camera and the brown line pack. Theoretically, if everything's on the same channel this should work right?

Has anyone ever paird the compact-r monoblocs with other packs?

hmmmm well the specs don't match up.

brown line technical data is 1/590 s for flash duration and on the compact-r 600 it's 1/850s

What sort of problems would this cause?

Thanks for your help!

I have shot with WHite Lighting 1600's and Speedotron Brown Line, as well as mixed Brown Line with JTL monoblocs....there's no issue whatsoever...

The only issue that might arise could be powering the monos with a sine wave inverter. "Some" monolights are of the newer, non-analogue control type, and will not power up with most sine wave inverters. If you are powering everything off of wall current, there ought not to be any problem whatsoever.

Just as an FYI, many Brown Line heads sell for $35 to $55 on e-Bay...they often cost less than a bottle of fine tequila...

Thanks so much Derrel! Yeah, I usually check craigslist, but should check out ebay as well! :) And yes, I will be powering off or regular ol' wall current.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back