8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Pretty good. I like the MMA shots. Glad to see people throwing flying armbars in an actual fight seems like a lot of subs going on there. Good job overall I like them.
TJ

Thanks guys.

On the MMA, yeah there was some good action there. In one of the fights the two traded sub attempts a number of times, and the crowd ate it up. I love the Combat Sports, but I'm not a fan of sloppy kickboxing- which most regional MMA matches boil down to- so to see some high level grappling was welcome change.

Great as always, Snaps. :thumbup:

Awesome shots man, really impressive. The boxing ones are so brutal and bloody! I love the backlighting catching the droplets of sweat/spit/blood flying off their heads.

What do you use for lighting? Looks pretty well lit so I'm guessing you have a couple of remote strobes?

Thank you, thank you.

No, I don't use any flash or strobes for fights. The lights were only coming from two directions, and the were VERY bright. It makes for some ok shots, but I didn't particularly care for them, seeing as how I was shooting up into them half of the night.

Well, it looks like you did a good job working around a non ideal situation then :)

This post has some of the best stuff I have ever seen from you Snaps! The strobed shots are just superb moments. The shot of the curly-haired blond guy falling back after that left hand, with the ref looking at him--you totally NAILED it man! Same with the shot of the right hand being delivered in the last frame, between thew two guys each in black headgear.

What kind of ceiling-mounted strobes do you have set up?

These shots are awesome! I really like how you caught the blood/sweat in the boxing ones with the backlighting.

Thanks, J.

This post has some of the best stuff I have ever seen from you Snaps! The strobed shots are just superb moments. The shot of the curly-haired blond guy falling back after that left hand, with the ref looking at him--you totally NAILED it man! Same with the shot of the right hand being delivered in the last frame, between thew two guys each in black headgear.

What kind of ceiling-mounted strobes do you have set up?

Thank you Derrel, but I'm not using strobes or any sort of flash at all- I shoot fights in ambient lighting 100% of the time.

I do however understand the confusion- the lights were extremely bright, and they were only shining from two of the corners, leaving the other two corners relatively dark.

Most reactions

Back