mmm... beer...

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shiner Bock.

What do you think? Which one looks better?

IMG_7287-resized.jpg

IMG_7289-resized.jpg

I'll probably drink up all of my 'props' before I get around to reshooting it... I guess I'll have to buy more beer tomorrow... Didn't really feel like going anywhere tomorrow, but I guess I can drive a half mile down the road for the sake of photography...

I need a keg to shoot this properly...

I prefer #1 as the foam on the second one looks a little dark to me. Thanks for posting these and reminding me it's Saturday night and I could use one of those now.

I prefer #1 as the foam on the second one looks a little dark to me. Thanks for posting these and reminding me it's Saturday night and I could use one of those now.

If you can get here in time, you're welcome to have one of mine.

Google maps says that you live 3,486km from me though, and it will take you 1 day and 9 hours to get here.

You better leave soon If you want one, lol.

Thanks for the invite. Might be a little hard to make it back for work Monday morning, but I'll take a raincheck.

OK, I just re-stocked.

I went out and got a 12 pack of Fat Tire, and a 6 pack of Shiner Bohemian Black Lager.

Which do you the will produce the most photogenic head?

hmmm. very tastey looking. i like the head better on the first shot, but would prefer to have the head right to the very top. if not more head, then more beer under the head. secondly, considering the cool looking shadow/light refraction flowing off frame to the left, perhaps try a wider landscape shot and capture the full length of the refraction.

secondly, considering the cool looking shadow/light refraction flowing off frame to the left, perhaps try a wider landscape shot and capture the full length of the refraction.

I thought of that after seeing the shot too.

I think I'll try that tomorrow. Maybe one of the Fight Club topics will be "beer", lol. I'll shoot it before, during, or after Fight Club - depending on the topics and how early I feel like opening one, lol.

IMG_7300-resized.jpg

This one's Fat Tire.

I think you should post one full like that ONE #3 and one empty!!!! The empty one will make me feel good!

...It's empty now. :lmao:

I don't feel like getting my camera out again though. Maybe tomorrow... :lol:

I still think the third shot is the best. I love the golden shadow and the head! Great shot and I think it is alot better of a picture then the other two. Cooler looking...

Photographicly they are all really good shotS!

Me too.

The third one was kind of rushed.

On the first two, I metered the empty glass (to get it releatively close) and prefocused.
Poured the beer, adjusted shutter speed to expose for the beer. Took picture.

On 3, it started spilling over, so I had to skip the metering for the beer part. Luckily it was close enough that I could bring it back in PP, but I think it would have came out better if I had a few more seconds to re-meter it.

Most reactions

Back