MOAR Flowerz!!! =P

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Aayria, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Aayria

Aayria TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This weekend my wonderful husband surprised me with some lovely pink roses after he made a trip to the local grocery.. (He's still not outta getting my 50mm 1.4 AF-S lens though:lol:)

I thought I'd join the bandwagon and share some more flower shots, since everybody around here seems to have the spring flower fever going around. I was really happy with a couple of them, though my biggest issue is still getting my intended focus in sharp, crisp focus! I really want to keep at it, as I know it isn't entirely my kit lens' fault. I've had a few lucky shots from time to time (especially in outdoor lighting) where the focus was spot on and very sharp.. I don't want to just assume that when I get my new lens this issue will magically disappear, because I know it's mostly my novice hand causing it.

Anyway, here are my favorites from the set.. Any C&C is appreciated, I had a blast taking these... seeing as I am quite partial to spontaneous roses from my husband ;)

1)

[​IMG]

2)

[​IMG]

3)

[​IMG]

4)

[​IMG]

5)

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. gsgary

gsgary Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Most are overexposed, noisy and soft due to ISO2000 1/20 did you use a tripod ? . If it was so dark you had to use ISO2000 it is not worth shooting unless it is a paid shoot

3. Aayria

Aayria TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You're right about the ISO >< I was taking some pictures of my children the night before in very dim lighting and forgot to turn it down, gah! As for the tripod, I didn't really have room to use it and still get a good close up view for these. My zoom lens required me to be back a good distance before it would focus that well, and my kit lens required me to be right up near the roses to focus on them like I wanted. Do you think the ISO caused the softness as well? I understand it causing noise, but I didn't know it would make my focus less sharp. Thanks!

4. gsgary

gsgary Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Looking at your settings you could have only lowered your ISO by using a tripod because of the slow shutter speed