Model airplane in motion

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by O'Rork, Aug 25, 2008.

1. O'Rork

O'Rork No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I did not include this shot in my previous post. I think I understand the importance of this shot as it shows motion as opposed to static. Also the subject is not centered and the trailing exhaust adds to the content. Perhaps the background isn't blurred enough? At this juncture I'm happy I nailed focus on the plane. This thing was getting right along.
    I hope I get some positive critique on this one.

[​IMG]

2. Phranquey

Phranquey TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I fly R/C, and I have seen how fast these little control line planes can be. Makes me dizzy watching those guys. That was actually a very good job getting that in focus, because they are rotating around such a tight radius so fast, that they are in and out of your focal plane in a hurry. If you try to get background motion (panning) with these, that will be VERY difficult, again, due to their tight radius (you would almost have to be inside the flight circle with the operator tracking the plane around....bad news).

Try photographing free flight R/C planes. Trust me, if you go to your local R/C field and ask a few of the guys to do some low fly-bys, most will be more than accomodating. These are usually a great group of guys, and they will do almost anything to show off.....especially if offered a pic or two of their plane / heli in action.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  3. JonathanBlu

JonathanBlu TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Agree with above, that must have been killer getting it in focus, I think the background is defiantly blurred enough, but one thing that really is bothering me is that the plane is so far to the left. When you're shooting moving objects try to leave space in front of them otherwise the pictures feels very cramped and the objects looks like its going to run into the edge of the picture!