Model at the Bar Photoshoot

robbie_vlad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had my first photoshoot with a model last night at a local bar that is under rennovation. We were going for a semi-gothic/dark sexy look. Here are my 3 favorites, tell me what you think is good, what could be improved, ect. Thanks and enjoi!

1)
3816845309_c83ac6236f.jpg

2) Going for more of a "fine-art approach"
3816907675_af50f782ee.jpg

3)
3817736362_ec714856a0.jpg

i was thinking the same thing about the second, but at the same time i think its brilliant the way it is. not really into the 3rd, but i do love the first one as well.

# 1 is bit tightly cropped.
# 2 I have no idea what's going on.
# 3 is pretty good but a bit dark and i would've liked to see her facing the camera with different lighting style

I cropped the 1st tight to add to the feeling of being under the bar and the closeness. Yes, in the 2nd she is holding a cigarrett.

Nice use of light. My favorite is the 2nd one.

I'm not really crazy about the first one, when you have the model put their foot/leg so far forward, you have to be careful that it doesn't make their leg look huge and their head look relatively small.

Thanks, I just got my Alien Bees B800 about 5 hours before the shoot, so it was kind of a "testing phase" in a way :greenpbl:.

Thanks, I just got my Alien Bees B800 about 5 hours before the shoot, so it was kind of a "testing phase" in a way :greenpbl:.
What kind of light modifier did you use on the B800?

The first I used a 48'' shoot-through umbrella, the other two I used the 7'' dish to get the hard lighting/shadows.

#1 I dont mind the tight crop on top, i dont like the tight crop on the side near her foot. Another option for the "crammed under the bar" look would of been her sitting really tightly, in a ball almost, under the bar.

#2 Love the light in this one. The image has enough "huh?" factor to keep me looking

#3 The lines are nice in the shot, I like the light as well. I don't like the area on top of her head. The hair + shadow + wall in back made it look like a hand or a shell at first glance, kind of weird.
I also feel you cropped a bit too low and right on her knees.

I agree about #3, but that one was shot with my 70-200 and I couldnt back up anymore :p

Most reactions

Back