Model at the Bar - Re-edit

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by robbie_vlad, Mar 20, 2010.

1. robbie_vlad

robbie_vlad TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's been a while since I last posted something because I've been so busy, but I'm back. So I've been trying out some new editing techniques and I decided to mess around with this photo. Let me know what you think of the photo and of the editing. Thanks and enjoy!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  2. keith foster

keith foster TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think it is an interesting shot and edit but honestly I had a hard time seeing it very well with the small image size. I would like to see it larger. Maybe it is just my old eyes that don't seem to pick up detail like they used to.

3. robbie_vlad

robbie_vlad TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sorry about that, I didn't want the image to be HUGE. I forgot it was auto-resized when posted, so I put up a larger one :).

4. GeneralBenson

GeneralBenson TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I guess this is one of those photos that falls into the I don't get it category. Is she stuck under the table or what? I think a lot of glamour photography fall apart when the question get put forth, 'Why would someone ever actually be in that body position, except for to be in a glamour image?' And I guess that's true about most style of photography that involves humans. With engagement or couples photos, you see same thing, where it's like, who would ever actually sit like that together? But on the flip side,the way people actually would sit together also looks awful. So it's a matter of posing people in a way that looks better than what they would do themselves, but looks like they did do it themselves.

There is a lack of clear focal point in this image, and I feel like I keep either getting drawn to the hand on her leg or out of the frame. And the left arm being amputated by the frame edge kills it for me. Big no-no.

As for the editing, I feel the the contrast is a too high. There isn't much detail in the darks, the white thigh-highs being both lighter and larger than her face, draw a lot of attention away. Having more control over the light spill on the lower half of the frame or using a gradient mask in PS would help a lot.

Keep at it!

5. keith foster

keith foster TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for re-posting it for these old eyes!

I think the shot would be more interesting if I could see what she was doing.
    Having her arm cut off makes me feel like the action must be over there since I don't really find anything in the crop that draws my attention. The high contrast is a cool look but it is too dark here for me. The model disappears into the corner of the bar so she has no butt or back.

And this last part is nit picky but the pink top of her stocking seems out of place because there is no color anywhere else. So my eye was drawn to the top her pink stocking and I don't think that was your intent.

I think I could like the shot if it were presented in other ways. Her pose is dramatic and brings tension, in fact it looks like she might be reaching for a gun in her shoe. :D