Model photo shoot

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How do you guys gather props/furniture for model photo shoots? Do you just rent? Or do you guys just buy if you find something cool you like for shoots?

Today I went to Kirklands store and saw these things and had to have them as I have plans for really nice shoots on them w/ models laying down.

This will be used as a park bench ($58)

Bench.jpg

This will be used indoor where the model will lay down on it. Got a really good deal because the Asst. Manager scanned a 20% off coupon by mistake which says (excludes furniture) - $120 :mrgreen:

Chair.jpg

Sweet! So far my only props are a picture frame (for preggo mama's) and some material.
Now that I'm at the studio, I can use anything in there and we have a chair like the 2nd you posted. I'm sure it would fit in my van, or they have an outdoor atrium also.
Probably if I could afford it, I would try to buy staples, like chairs and such, also check thrift stores because I saw a bunch of really cool old chairs, but I'm broke and my van was packed anyways! haha

you mean those large pic frames?? I wanna do a shot like that w/ a large picture frame and a model inside it.

Thanks for the thrift store idea! That's what I was trying to get from this post, from where people get their stuff for cheap. I'm gonna find some around my area.

Only if I was as lucky as you to get to work at a studio for free :)

Funny you mention props. I was planning a little bit with the wife recently about a shoot I want to do with her revolving around a vintage train depot theme. I'm looking to go to Goodwill or something to get old luggage suit cases as props for her to put her leg on and get an old vintage looking dress, something 40's or 50's. So, depending on where you shop, this stuff shouldnt cost too much. Also, craigslist could be awesome for this too.

LOL that's another one I was planning! I always see a train station where it looks like its abandoned so I was gonna stop by one day to ask them if I can take pix there hahaha

Funny you mention props. I was planning a little bit with the wife recently about a shoot I want to do with her revolving around a vintage train depot theme. I'm looking to go to Goodwill or something to get old luggage suit cases as props for her to put her leg on and get an old vintage looking dress, something 40's or 50's. So, depending on where you shop, this stuff shouldnt cost too much. Also, craigslist could be awesome for this too.
That would be sweet. In my town(Tehachapi, CA) there is an old train station that just got rebuilt and just opened as a museum a couple months ago. Trains go by every 15 minutes. That would be a great place for a shoot like that. A big ole train station would be cool too.

Lots of vintage clothes on Etsy! (Etsy - Your place to buy and sell all things handmade, vintage, and supplies)

I buy anything I think is cool for a shoot and love to shop at estate sales, flea markets and antique stores for such things.

Goodwill has an online 'auction' site like ebay. Shopgoodwill.com I believe....check it out-everything ud find anywhere else--but dirt cheap 2nd hand.
I was told about that site because they get camera equip on there like crazy! For stupidly cheap prices!
The bench is super cute , love it! Nice finds!

Goodwill has an online 'auction' site like ebay. Shopgoodwill.com I believe....check it out-everything ud find anywhere else--but dirt cheap 2nd hand.
I was told about that site because they get camera equip on there like crazy! For stupidly cheap prices!
The bench is super cute , love it! Nice finds!

it seems like most get their own props from flea markets goodwill, salvation army thrift store. or other places

Most reactions

New Topics

Back