Model Portfolio Photography South East Kent

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by Sark, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Sark

Sark TPF Noob!

Hi all.

I've got a 14 year old niece coming to stay in the summer. She wants to break into modeling, so I thought it might be a good idea to arrange a photographer to shoot a portfolio for her while she's here.
    Just wondered how to find a reputable, preferably female, photographers studio in my area.
    There are studio's on my doorstop offering the usual portrait, wedding and even portfolio shoots, but ideally i'd like someone with a reasonable reputation and setup specifically for this sort of thing.
    Just wondering if there is an organization that lists reputable studios in the South East Kent area.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sark

2. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Why don't you shoot it?

)'(

3. Renair

Renair TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    No matter who shoots it, as she is under age, she will need her parents to sign a consent form. Probably best to find someone in advance, get a form, send it off to them so she has it when she gets there......

4. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

And anyone you do find to shoot folio shots will most likely charge a lot.
    Wannabe models are seen as easy money to a lot of photographers. The desire to try and break into the world of modeling tends to over-ride common sense: 'that's exorbitant - I won't pay it' becomes 'it's expensive but it's a worthwhile investment as I'll make a lot of money from modeling'.
    You would be far better off going through Yellow Pages, finding the Model Agency section and trying to arrange appointments. If they think she has potential, they will arrange a folio session.

5. Sark

Sark TPF Noob!

Thanks for the replies.

Craig…. Whilst I have the ability to shoot reasonable quality portrait images I do not have the equipment, studio or experience to do this to a standard that is required for the market today. Also, it was intended as a kind of “Red Letter Day” treat (Like driving a Ferrari for a day), but with something useful at the end of it.

Renair….Getting consent won’t be a problem.

Hertz….I understand exactly what you’re saying. She actually wants to be a vet and is studying towards this. Modelling is something she is hoping to use to help towards university fees. She is not looking to be the next Claudia Schiffer, but hopes to do the usual catalogue work, and when old enough, promotional work etc. I’m not her father, so I can be a little more subjective regards her potential. The shoot is designed to see if she really wants to do this sort of thing and whether the results suggest she is suitable.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sark