Model Release for small wedding?

MrsMoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am shooting a small wedding on Wednesday, and its gonna be a really small do, with just very close family as witnesses. Will I need a model release from all of them?

Only if you want to use them commercially

I'm gonna be putting the best ones on my website.

I'm trying to write up a model release that covers me keeping the rights to the photos, and that allows me to put the photos on my website.

Unless their is something unique to Scots law, the question of rights to the photographs will between you and the person that hired you. As always, an Internet forum is NOT the place for legal advice, and I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on television. That said:

"This is a contract between _____________ (Photographer) and _________________ (The client(s)) for photographic services, specifically <Description>. In consideration of services, the client agrees to pay the photographer the sum of 'X' and further agrees that that the photographer retains the right to use the images for display and advertising purposes..."

"I <guest's name in full> agree to allow ________________(Photographer) to use images taken at <event name, date, location> and containing my likeness for display, promotional and advertising purposes"

Legal grey area. The contract applying to the couple who hired you may not carry over to the guests at the event. A local grand event at our uni the photographer had a person walking around with them with model releases. One person sorted the paperwork the other the pictures.

The photos of the couple would be covered by your contract providing you added the provision for advertisement. The family by extension would likely not complain either, but are not explicitly covered, so if they do say "OI I don't want our photos on your website advertising your service," you may not have the contract to fall back on since their rights are theirs to sign away. The couple on the otherhand is bound by the contract.

Just be polite and professional. Ask the family if they don't mind the photos going up on your website.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back