Model Release???

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by gbsevens7, Oct 27, 2004.

1. gbsevens7

gbsevens7 TPF Noob!

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and I have a question for everyone! I have recently started shooting weddings and other misc. pictures. I would like to use some of the pictures that I shot for advertisement purposes. I was wondering what for model release I would need to get signed to be able to do this. Does anyone know where I can get one or do I need to write one up on my own? If I need to write one what does it need to say? Thanks for all your help! Brad

2. danalec99

danalec99 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is just a sample. Modify it at your will.

CONSENT AND RELEASE

I authorize _____________________________________________________________ (the “Photographer”) to Photograph and make other recordings and fixations of my Image (the “Photograph(s)”). I further authorize the Photographer to adapt, edit and modify the Photograph(s) in any manner whatsoever and to add and remove elements to the Photograph(s), including without limitation, special effects and music. Such adapted, edited and modified Photograph(s) shall also be a Photograph(s).I hereby grant to the Photographer, in perpetuity, all world-wide rights and interests of every kind and nature, whether now known or unknown, whether now existing or arising in the future, in and to the Photograph(s) and all results and proceeds therefrom, including without limitation, the incorporation of the Photograph(s) into advertising, promotional and sales materials, the incorporation of the Photograph(s) into any other production or program, commercial tie-ins or merchandising and to display, broadcast and transmit the Photograph(s) on any medium and by any means or method including print, video, DVD, television, theatrical, Internet and electronic, whether or not the same is known or in existence at this time.I further grant to the Photographer all rights to use my likeness, voice, biographic and other information in connection
    with such uses.All the forgoing rights are granted in favour of the Photographer and all of its licensees, successors and assignees and any other person or entity that is granted rights in the Photograph(s) by the Photographer.I acknowledge and agree that I am at least 18 years of age and am legally entitled to execute this Consent and Release and that once executed it shall create a valid legal agreement enforceable in accordance with its terms. I further agree that I have read and understood this Consent and Release and acknowledge that I have been given the opportunity to review this Consent and Release with my lawyer.I have granted these rights in exchange for the opportunity of being involved in the Photograph(s), the potential for publicity
    relating to same and other good and valuable consideration, which I hereby acknowledge is sufficient and which I have received. I further acknowledge that I will not receive any further compensation for the rights granted in this Consent and Release, except as set out below, if any.

Model
    Name (print) _______________________________________________
    Date ___________________________________
    Signature _____________________________________________________ Phone ________________________________
    Address _______________________________________________________________________________________________City _____________________________ State ________ Zip _____________ Country ________________________________

Parent or Guardian (if model is a minor)
    Name (print) ________________________________________________
    Signature _____________________________________________________
    WitnessName (print) ________________________________________________
    Signature _____________________________________________________

3. gbsevens7

gbsevens7 TPF Noob!

Thank you! One more question...do I jsut need a model release sogned by the bride and groom? or anyone in the picture I want to use? Thank you again!

4. danalec99

danalec99 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    If that was for me, I'm sorry I can't help you on that.
    Actually, I would be interested in the answer too!