model release

Abstract

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
how does one word a model release form? I have an animal portrait I have taken of an animal which is not mine, the owner has informally agreed that I can have full rights to use his image and has agreed to sign a model release however I don't know how to word the document, is there a standard form that one uses? or does anyone have one they've written I could peruse to get ideas? Many thanks!!

Hi there,

Firstly, it's not "his" image. It's yours. Always. You have copyright from the instant you press that shutter button. Unless you sell it to someone (which is not a good idea) rights included and have a contract explicitly transferring ownership of the image.

You don't need a model release form for an animal in the UK, but if you really want to get one "just in case" then just google it and pick your favourite. You don't actually need one for people in most cases, but they can be a problem as large organisations won't want to get sued so will ask for one.

Pick one from the UK as the US tend to overcomplicate things and get specific about state laws and things :)

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=sample+model+release+form&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Just word it loosely, like photographer is granted all rights of ownership for use, reproduction, etc with no restriction on how or where it is used.

Good luck

Rob

hehe thanks seeing as the lady agreed I think I will get one "just in case" but its good to know you don't need them in the UK. I'm not sure if Fluffy would sign he'd be too worried about having ink on his pretty paws lol :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back