Model Session - RL at the Amusement Park

The more she looks like a doll/puppet, the more I like the photo. I do agree that the light was not the best you could have gotten but it is a lesson nonetheless. You can't always control the light outside without some gear and that gear should always be within reach. Lol.

Of course, the other method to deal with the light is to find areas where you have less harsh light (6 and 7 are good examples of that.)

My favorite is #3 but I would get rid of part of the light line coming out of her head.

My only problem with this series is, everything in the photo, including the model, has a lot of texture and colors, but they all fade away. I feel that there is a lot of potential if you can play up the variety of texture and to create a better sense of space.

The big issue here is definitely the lighting. As an aside, #'s 1 and 4 are simply too congested. In the rest, the focus is on the model but the lighting betrays the mood.

Moral of the story is that natural light is a b***h. Either you play by its rules and only venture out when nature is cooperating, or you fight fire with fire and carry strobes and scrims.

Iron-- sorry you didn't think it went as imagined, but i think they turned out amazing! i love #2, and #6 reminds me of the whole Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland theme. Wonderful idea with the amusement park and balloons, and the models hair, makeup, and wardrobe compliment it perfectly. Maybe i'm just biased because I'm always such a fan of your work... lol. great job!

Wish I had female friends with this attitude. Please tell us about the photo shoot. Abandoned does not necessarily mean nobody is around. Some of the shrubs looked like they had been attended to in the not so distant past. Was there maintenance personnel around? Could people outside the perimeters of the park see the shoot? The one nude appears to be "modest"...was that for effect or were there prying eyes around?

Most reactions

Back