Model Shoot - Heidi

Katz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This was my first model shoot - What do you think? She is very happy with it.

GlamourHeidiRS-1.jpg

Nice pose and model but the noise is not working for me..sorry! :(

Agree with poppy; the model is attractive, and the pose is good, but that's all. The noise is excessive and the high contrast do not, IMHO, make for a flattering portrait. There's no detail at all in her shirt, or most of her hair, and well as deep shadow around her buttocks. It looks to me like this image died in post. Definitely needs greater use of diffuse fill light and reflectors to even out the extreme dynamic range in this image.

I don't know man, but besides what the others said, the composition is a little boring (no offense).

I agree with the crowd...The noise does NOT work here.

The pose & model are nice...I'm not so ito the white background but guess it could work if the subject took notice.

Funny how different people see different things. The model, myself and another group of photographers loved this shot just like this.

I find that keeping things "normal" tends to be more boring. The high contrast was preffered because without it, it seemed monotonous.

Thanks for the comments. I guess what matters is that the model loves it.

I like it. It's artsy.

I'm not a fan of the work on the skin. The dark tones on her left side (particularly left arm....looks like a mans hairy arm) just seem dirty, for lack of a better description. Her left hand looks as if she's wearing a fingerless black glove and seems out-of-place. Speaking of out-of-place, her right hand totally breaks up the lines on her right side (and looks huge for some reason). There is too much tone difference between her appendages and her face / chest.

She is a very pretty model and I am glad for you that she likes it. I have absolutely no problem for images that do not conform to "normal", but still, a balance of tones should be held.

I don't know why the model would want to look like she's covered in liver spots at such a young age but, to each their own I guess.

wow - harsh critics here, and some slightly rude.

It is all in everyones perception of what is artistic. I personally like the look and so does she. As far as balance of tones, nothing I can do about where she tans. Her arms were naturally dark, her chest not so much. I guess I will tell her that before I post another shot of her on this site, she needs to be more evenly tanned. :lol:

Like I said, it is individual perception but the model will enjoy hearing how you think she looks like she has liver spots and hairy man arms :lmao: Good thing she has a sense of humor and apparently a better eye. I will go with what my client wanted. She was right here with me during the entire post processing, this is what she wanted it to look like.

you might find this thread interesting.

My personal opinion that it is TOO much on her arm, but not the rest of her body. It is where your eye goes first, and that shouldn't be the case.

Also, I think if your going to add noise, you shouldn't just put it on her, but the whole picture, including hte white because it appears off balance.

Thing is, you asked "what do you think?" If you didn't want to know, you shouldn't have asked....

Like I said, it is individual perception but the model will enjoy hearing how you think she looks like she has liver spots and hairy man arms :lmao: Good thing she has a sense of humor and apparently a better eye. I will go with what my client wanted. She was right here with me during the entire post processing, this is what she wanted it to look like.
I never thought she had liver spots or hairy man arms. I don't think it's the model at all. In fact, IMO the problems that I see with this image are down to you and your processing techniques. Yes, it is different and outside of the norm, but that doesn't make it a pleasing image. I am glad she has a sense of humor and still glad for you that she liked the final product. However, that does not necessarily constitue that she has a better eye. Is she a photographer in addition to being the client? There is a recent thread out there asking that very question. Is it good as long as the client likes it. From what I see and what I've read prior to my contribution, no one questions that your model is attractive. I don't find any of the comments to be harsh or rude. Honest seems to fit the bill. You did ask.

Most reactions

Back