Model Shoot Please C&C

clee27

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The pictures are here: please c&c if you can thanks so much!
First time doing semi-nude....

IMG_1247bw.jpg

IMG_1253a.jpg

IMG_1276a.jpg

IMG_1316a.jpg

IMG_1331a.jpg

IMG_1347bw.jpg

IMG_1384bw.jpg

IMG_1442a.jpg

IMG_1492a.jpg

IMG_1524a.jpg

IMG_1606a.jpg

IMG_1607a.jpg

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2006910&l=2cf19&id=1020483299

Last edited:
Clee, a lot of people dont look at off site links unless they like what they see here, better off posting one or two shots here and then a link to the rest if you want some proper critique.

Clee, a lot of people dont look at off site links unless they like what they see here, better off posting one or two shots here and then a link to the rest if you want some proper critique.

hahahaa alright thanks! i was just trying to save a step! was a bit too tired to upload it...i'll do that now thanks again!

I agree that #6 is by far the strongest photo. That one has nice soft light, a direct connection with the model (she's looking at the camera) and it also doesn't have a distracting or boring looking background. Most of the other ones have one or more of those problems.

A good start, keep at it.

I agree that #6 is by far the strongest photo. That one has nice soft light, a direct connection with the model (she's looking at the camera) and it also doesn't have a distracting or boring looking background. Most of the other ones have one or more of those problems.

A good start, keep at it.

thanks i'll keep trying <3

grrr....okay so like i'm upset! i thought i did a GREAT JOB but come to find IT SUX.....and you all have put it all so NICELY....i just am frustrated at myself!!!! i don't get models often and well how do i pratice besides on my DOGS!!!!

i've seen so many great pictures on here and i'm seriously trying to learn and i know i have alot of pictures but commenting on my strong one doesn't help me get better >.< *pouts* lolololol

okay no seriously please BASH my pictures i can't think of how to get better otherwise i'm going to do the same stuff over and over again! i'm learning slowly about lighting and technical stuff but now i need to learn the STUFF I THOUGHT i knew all over again! so what could i have done to POSE her better....

okay i got the eye thing....she should look at the camera...*sigh*
okay i'm done venting at myself ... ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated >.<

If you really want us to break a photo down, post it in it's own thread. It's too confusing and convoluted to break down 12 photos in one thread.

We actually used to have a 'one photo' rule for critique...but it was hard to enforce.

Also, if you really want critique, let us in on what you were going for and what you did. What settings did you use...where was the light & the model and why were they in those positions. What was the scene/background and why did you use those spots etc.

The more you put into it, the more you can get out.

1) The weird angles are making your life a lot harder...especially for this style shoot.
2) You need to learn how to retouch skin.
3) The exposures are off...particularly you're blowing out the highlights. A flash, or some better ambient light would help.
4) Your model isn't connecting with the camera.
5) The black and whites are too gray, and the color separation could be a lot better in the color shots. The tone range looks very compressed in almost all of these.
6) I would work on exploring a wider variety of compositions and poses.

They look like Myspace photos, #6 is the only one that stands out a little for me

I agree, watch your backgrounds. Try something with a twist on your next shoot, something that is an eye catcher. Color is a stong image tool, lighting is another secret.:wink:

Good luck.

Taking a picture of someone for the sake of having someone to take a picture of shows highly on these pictures.

I've always gone in with the concept that I'm trying to capture a part of who they are. That's sounds cheese but with friends that just happen to be pretty (ie not working models who know how to work it), there's not much else you can do. Just wait for the moments to happen. Also if you're want "poses" try putting a mirror infront of someone. Every woman poses in the mirror when they're getting dressed. They usually just forget how to do it when they're in front of a camera. Mirrors remind them.

Other than that, backgrounds aren't that great here. Try taking your models outside. The lighting is usually great.

P.S. 6 is great, and I think 9-12 had potential if you didn't blow out the white dress. Wind in hair, natural setting/light.

If you really want us to break a photo down, post it in it's own thread. It's too confusing and convoluted to break down 12 photos in one thread.

You can still try to help out tho. Yeah it's more than one photo, but if someone is just starting out, it's hard for them to even select one photo that they think is best. That's why they post more, so we can give them an idea of what they're doing right and wrong, what they could improve on, etc.

And of course comments like "They look like Myspace photos..." sure don't help at all.

Most reactions

Back