Model shoot today - my first naked dude

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, he's not naked. I lied.

But this shoot was fun. We set-up across from the local Chase branch and I originally wanted to get a shot of him walking down the street in a suit with a mask on carrying a brief case with a gun tucked in his pants leaving the bank. But we both agreed it wouldn't be a good idea to get arrested today. :)

So we shot in the ally across the street which looked cool. Here's one of the first pics I've edited. What do you think?

581137532_SHd9w-XL.jpg

581159103_qqiKK-XL.jpg

Last edited:
i like it. im not hard to please when it comes to photography though. i believe its kinda like abstract art, everyone has their own opinion and there is no one true right way to take a picture and there are no rules to follow. one persons mistake is another persons masterpeice.

So you're saying it looks like a mistake?

So you're saying it looks like a mistake?

Even though I am not quoting myself, yes. Just because the cropping seems to have come later.

Otherwise, beautiful photo again. You seem to have a feeling for the edgy stuff. Keep working in that area and I think you will come up with a wonderful style.

Some of the very light areas seem to be too light (again, new to digital and how things look like on a monitor) but that's it.

I am glad you posted that second photo because it allows to see what you are doing and what needs to be corrected and the composition is one. You should not need to crop so much afterwards. Of course, since they are not really the same pictures, I can't be 100% sure that the first one was cropped.

Another thought is that this is the same friend that was sitting on the toilet. If correct, I would say keep feeding him whatever pizza and booze he likes. You've got yourself a very nice model. You may even want to work on a book with/for him. Plus :lmao: it gives you more opportunities to use him.

One last thing. This is related not to today's photo but the woman with the gun (the poster size I want ;)) Don't put up everything you shoot on the web. The likelihood of some potential client looking here in this forum is pretty small but wherever I saw the extras of your "lady with a gun" shoot, is a much stronger possibility. And that means you only want to show there your very best.

You seem to want to get into this business and I think you have something, don't waste it. Of the series you posted on whatever site it was, the only one that was great was the one you posted here. The rest was trash. Ok, not all were trash, but compared to the one you showed here, they were neither very good nor interesting. Take them away.

One thing I think very few people understand is that you have to become your own very worst critic. Because that is what your clients/potential clients will be.

Is all this advice worth a poster yet?????? :lol:

I am glad you posted that second photo because it allows to see what you are doing and what needs to be corrected and the composition is one. You should not need to crop so much afterwards. Of course, since they are not really the same pictures, I can't be 100% sure that the first one was cropped.
There's no cropping in either picture.

Another thought is that this is the same friend that was sitting on the toilet. If correct, I would say keep feeding him whatever pizza and booze he likes. You've got yourself a very nice model. You may even want to work on a book with/for him. Plus :lmao: it gives you more opportunities to use him.
Yeah, he's easy to please. He likes doing it... so who am I to tell him no? :D

Are you asking me for the high red TIFF? :D

There's no cropping in either picture.

Yeah, he's easy to please. He likes doing it... so who am I to tell him no? :D

Are you asking me for the high red TIFF? :D

Ok, I have no idea how to separate quotes yet :lmao: so:

Quote 1: Great. Nothing else to say.

Quote 2: Great. Am I repeating myself? Seriously, best model you could wish for and if it only cost you a pizza, take advantage of it as long as you can. Same for him to build a book. I don't know about high-priced models but the local kind I worked with were getting bored way too easily and too fast. Not everyone can be Twiggy! Whatever she was worth.

Quote 3: What is a "high red TIFF?" I am new to digital photography and don't understand a quarter of the lingo you guys use.

Anyway, keep on shooting.

That was a typo, I meant to type "res" or high resolution TIFF file for printing a poster sized image.

Ditch the gun, guns are not cool

Yes, lets do a bank robbery pose without a gun. What do people over there in the UK use to rob banks? Airsoft? Drills? Knives?

Seriously though, with a significant number of users in the USA you are going to get some pictures with guns in them. Even if it was UK based the guns may not be real, but you would likely get at least a few pictures with fake guns (especially when the pose is of a bank robbery). Granted, you didn't get a warning by the thread title that the pose might involve a gun so you couldn't readily avoid the thread, but still, I'd say get over it. Comments to ditch the guns just make me want to incorporate them into a few pictures (Oleg Volk anyone?). Not yet...but maybe at some point.

Edit: And something pertaining to the thread. I like the pictures, especially two, but the problem is it doesn't look like a mask at first. I thought he was holding a black garbage bag or doo-doo bag or something. It took a minute to see what it was he had.

Ok, how about this one? :D

Last edited:
That was a typo, I meant to type "res" or high resolution TIFF file for printing a poster sized image.

:lmao::lol::lmao::lol:

OK. And Ok if that is what I need to print a beautiful one... No idea how any of this works.

But (light bulb! Light Bulb! LIGHT BULB!) have you thought about printing some posters and taking them to your local gun show...? How expensive are those to print? Could it be worth a try? I mean, guns and sex pay...

Ok, how about this one? :D

I like this shot but I think the focal point should have been the very tip of the gun.

EDIT: I love the way the small gun makes his hand look HUGE!

I like this shot but I think the focal point should have been the very tip of the gun.

EDIT: I love the way the small gun makes his hand look HUGE!
Debatable. :) I wanted to focus to be on Obama. The point of the pic isn't just that a gun is being pointed at you, but who's doing the pointing. :)

It's a .357 Magnum with a 4" barrel. It's not really a small gun. It's the distortion of the 17-40 I think.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back