Model shoot today - my first naked dude

So cropping is bad ? (even though the op said his pics were not cropped, I would like to know) and why is it bad ? Thanks.

So cropping is bad ? (even though the op said his pics were not cropped, I would like to know) and why is it bad ? Thanks.

Cropping isn't bad. It's just unnecessary sometimes and why crop a photo if you don't have to? If you want to get rid of some empty space or a distraction, crop it.

Cropping isn't bad. It's just unnecessary sometimes and why crop a photo if you don't have to? If you want to get rid of some empty space or a distraction, crop it.

Okay thanks, so if people thought that he cropped his pictures, it means that people think that he took his shot too close, right ?

Thanks again !

Pft. I don't think they look cropped. Actually, I think they're pretty damned awesome. Very nice work Tharmsen. Was the lighting similar to the toilet shot? Hard light above the model, right?

A thought about the last photo: If you wanted to have the person point the gun to be the focus, it'd be good to move yourself right just a bit, to get the entire face in view, and perhaps get the gun out of focus a little more compared to the face. Or, blur it a little in post while keeping the mask tack sharp.

So cropping is bad ? (even though the op said his pics were not cropped, I would like to know) and why is it bad? Thanks.

Some of us believe in cropping only in camera. This is not the subject of the thread so I am not going to go into details but cropping results in a loss of quality. Enlargement of the grain in film and of the pixels in digital.

In this case it turns out it was not cropped. My bad. Probably thought it was because of the second shot.

Cool pics. Photography and Guns!!!! They are some expensive hobbies aren't they? I just picked up a S&W Model 19(.357) and a 26(.44) but i wish mine were chrome like yours. Anyways, I like your edgy-ness and if you need some help with shoots let me know i would be glad to help (i'll be moving to Ohio in about a month).

LOL. I LOVE IT. Your work shows a sense of individuality. It is not the norm you see. Great job. Keep up the amazing work as usual. I love Guns..... :)

Does none see the hardlighting and blown out forehead or is it just my monitor?

Before this thread goes any further i would like to remind people to lay off the 'guns are good'.. 'guns are bad'... type comments, if that topic starts being debated the thread will be locked.
Comment on the image not your outlook on life, thanks.

Also cropping is in no way a 'mistake' :p

Was the lighting similar to the toilet shot? Hard light above the model, right?
The toilet shot was a single overhead light as you know. This one didn't work quite so well in that situation due to how I had home posed and the surrounding objects. So I had to add another light to cast some light on the really dark (and what I felt were important) areas of the picture like the revolver and the lower half of his body. Here's the setup.

581687458_azQnL-L.jpg

I love the pic and everything about it. It really tells the story. Awsome style. Good looking model by the way :sexywink:

Thanks for the set-up pic too!

Great photos! I loved them all.

Walking out of the bank with mask, gun , & loot would have been awesome; but yeah - the bank (and cops) probably wouldn't have appreciated it very much, lol.

Most reactions

Back