Model shoot with an RSX Type-S

Restomage

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well more of a friend than a model, but we went out and I wanted to test out my new umbrella. Overall I think the pictures came out decent but I could really use some tips for next time. I had a softbounce umbrella camera right and an assistant holding a silver 32" reflector camera left. Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

_DSC0031.jpg

I think to add variety to your model shoots, maybe try some off camera looks when you have them poss. When the model looks at the camera for most of the series it somewhat becomes repetative. You could probably play around and have her work and look at the directions where her good side shows.

Happy shooting :thumbup:

i like the pics, but, i think pics of her with a more serious look on her face could make them look better.

idk. just my 2 cents. lol.

your signature/watermark is waaaay too distracting.
i wish there was more interaction between the car and the model. she seems uncomfortable around the car.
btw nice choice on putting 06-07 type-s rims on the car! one of the best looking oem rims imo. and is that type-r spoiler or A-Spec? looks like type-r but cannot be sure.

Cute friend.

I think a lot of the poses are too similar. All have the same expression, many have her arm on her hip in the same location, and she is looking directly at the camera in all but one.

I think she looks kind of awkward in #3.

Still very good shots though, good job.

i wish there was more interaction between the car and the model. she seems uncomfortable around the car.
btw nice choice on putting 06-07 type-s rims on the car! one of the best looking oem rims imo. and is that type-r spoiler or A-Spec? looks like type-r but cannot be sure.

Sounds like you know your DC5's, but yea the rims came off an 06 type-s, they stopped making them in 06. The wing is a Type-R replica, however I'm pretty sure the Type-R and Aspec are the same, the only one that's different was the wing's west version.

Please note, I know I am new here but everything I am about to say is meant to be taken as 100% constructive, some may or may not agree with me but my opinions are based solely on my personal experience working with models on a day to day basis.

My initial reaction was the images looked OK from an exposure stand point given that you were shooting mid-day and the natural light was hard and hot. But what really grabbed my attention was the apparent lack of experience of the model. Not that I expect to see an obviously new model performing like a pro but as photographers working with new models at least part of the responsibility of ensuring the model is posing in a flattering manner rest on our shoulders. If we don't watch out for basic posing mistakes and guide the model through them then they are unaware of them and never learn. She is cute but obviously very young and does not yet understand how angle and perspective effect the way her body looks in an image.

In almost every standing image the only real angle offered is the angle you as a photographer set up between camera and car. Her shoulders are squared off in a masculine posture and her belly button is near 90 degrees flat on to the lens which serves to flatten the image and leave it as one dimensional as the film plane its self. If you have her rotate more at the waist dip a shoulder, pull one back, stagger her feet and carry her weight on one leg dropping the hip of the opposite leg she will result in curves and triangles the images will gain dimension and interest.

I know it all sounds very uncomfortable and it typically is. Modeling is hard work and if a model is physically comfortable in the pose then the pose is most likely dull.

One last note, the side of the car in the 4th image is really over exposed. You might be able to bring some detail back with the recovery in your RAW converter if you shot raw but it is going to take a little bit of effort to blend layers and make it look natural if you do.

i think the pictures would have been better if the model was anchored. like touching or leaning on the car or something.

Sounds like you know your DC5's, but yea the rims came off an 06 type-s, they stopped making them in 06. The wing is a Type-R replica, however I'm pretty sure the Type-R and Aspec are the same, the only one that's different was the wing's west version.

yeah i used to have 05 rsx type-s. great cars. i switched to VW GTI for more room

stereotyped but good at learning.
my friends above have given good tips to follow while shooting models.

it looks a joking spree, her eyes look well set in the camera lens.

pl be more cautious in coming shoots, while guiding the model. tfs.

Aside from what has been said for a shoot like that in the middle of the day a pair of stylish sunglasses would have ok to use. Better then the squinting look.

Model looks good though, just needs more lens time.

would your friend like to model with my s2000?

nice pics

I like #3 the best. I think it's the attitude that comes across in it that I prefer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back