Model shoot with an RSX Type-S

I'd agree that there needs to be more interaction with the model and the car. She's got a good look, but with some more time in front of the camera she may feel more relaxed. A lot of the shots have her in the same pose. She needs to move around and as VVS said, have curves. The car's got them and she should too. :)

As for the shots, the earring in #1 is pretty distracting. That little guy is way to big a part of that shot. And #3 is LOL funny. Reminds me of a pic I took of a friend with her car a while back. A candid moment that kinda just had to happen.

Neat car BTW. I had a DC5 ITR and it's one of the few cars that I miss.

I'd agree that there needs to be more interaction with the model and the car. She's got a good look, but with some more time in front of the camera she may feel more relaxed. A lot of the shots have her in the same pose. She needs to move around and as VVS said, have curves. The car's got them and she should too. :)

As for the shots, the earring in #1 is pretty distracting. That little guy is way to big a part of that shot. And #3 is LOL funny. Reminds me of a pic I took of a friend with her car a while back. A candid moment that kinda just had to happen.

Neat car BTW. I had a DC5 ITR and it's one of the few cars that I miss.

Thanks for the advice. Yea I agree with the more interaction with the car, it was just really hard to get what I wanted from her, this was her first time ever modeling and it was actually slightly difficult to work with lol. She did a good job though for her first time.

nice pixs, now slam that body foo

im a honda guy. and i see car photos all the time u should get a nice modded car for the photoshoot. something more interesting. im not gonna be a perv and say she needs to be in a bikini but most car models are less clothed haha. shes a very pretty girl, but something less churchy. because car pictures like this, the main viewers are import car mod guys. im sure you were just playing around or practicing, so im not really gonna get into it

Wanna model in front of my car? you can use the pics for your myspace.

Wanna model in front of my car? you can use the pics for your myspace.

Sure, what do you drive? Are you going to supply the model? PM me and we'll talk about it.

Its all great but the txt. The third photo is my favorite! :p

Exposure is fine on most of them but they lack anything that would make them stand out.
There are no unique shots here; I have seen them all before with different cars and different girls.

The shadows and high lights are distracting, if you were going to try this again I would look into a time with more dramatic skies or open shade and add a few well-placed strobes to accent and highlight features of both the car and the model.

As a more specific comment Picture 3 with the model having her tongue out is not a good look for any model.

I think you are on the right track and with a bit of work you should get some great results.

From the exposure standpoint, pictures are ok. Though, I do see a few hotspots on the model's face in 1 and 6..

But thats about all that is good.

1)
Crop is too tight. I would give it more room above the hood.
Move the model closer to the car
Let the hood end on the left side.. (wider crop).
that pic looks like a snapshot to me.

2)
good DOF.
Would be a great shot if you didn't crop the passenger side headlamp.
Expose the engine bay a little more.
I would ask her to pose on the other side of the car to begin with to show off the S badge.
feet are cropped...inconveniently.

3)
I would not post that shot at all.
It is drawing attention to the model.. specifically, in the area that model doesn't necessarily wants people to look at.. at least this model.
pose is awkward. expression is great. If she did that, while laying (or even leaning) on the hood, it would work better.
Cropped headlight, again.

4)
Crop is too tight(or too wide), the car is over exposed.
Background is a little busy.. perhaps, darken it?
Model is not at the beneficial spot..

5)
Good shot overall
I like the DOF.
I would clear out the freckle spots, soften her skin a little.
Get rid of the mirror sticking from behind her head.

6)
DOF could be narrower.
leg is cropped again.
I would want to show off the acura logo.
a little too tightly cropped on the driver side headlamp.

7)
I really do like the shot.. only thing i'd change is the facial expression and poles sticking out of the car.. she does look away, though.
Ideally, shadow wouldn't be there.. but its too much to ask, really.

Thats how I would take those shots.

Model shoot with a car needs to be balanced. Balanced between the car and the model.. You are not to take a shot of the model next to a car.. and not a shot of a car next to a model. they need to complete each other.

With a full body shot.. show the legs. If you are cropping them, crop 'em higher (waist area).
Lastly, get rid of the annoying signature.. nobody's going to steal your images.. not these, at least.

Thanks for the tips everyone. Since i've done this shot, I've learned a lot such as the 18-200mm VR sucks and a lot more about lighting. Next time I go out the shots will be much better.

Thanks for the tips everyone. Since i've done this shot, I've learned a lot such as the 18-200mm VR sucks and a lot more about lighting. Next time I go out the shots will be much better.

I wouldn't blame your shortcomings on your gear. The 18-200 has been proven to be a great lens. Compared to something like a 70-200 it obviously falls short, but it's fully capable of creating crisp images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back