Reaction score
Website
tgpphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
shot with a lens baby at 2.8 1/60
AmyinDTFblogged04.jpg

thought i'd share...

hey now, i've seen sharp tilt shift shots ;)

very cool, i like the softness . . . but have personally had a hard time finding digital softness that i like as much as the softness i get in film (i can't explain what it is . . . maybe i'm just more open to it in film work)

thats what the lensbaby does...its a tilt shift lens.

A tilt shift lens definitely can be and in most cases is supposed to be sharp and in focus. WHERE it is sharp and in focus is due to controlling the plain of sight and which direction that the lens is "looking".

a Lens Baby is not a real tilt shift lens and cannot obtain the results that a tilt shift lens can, simply because It doesnt correct abberations like a real T/S lens does.

EDIT: sorry also I should add that the focal on a LB is circular where on a tilt shift its a plain that stretchs length wise or in case of a portrait vertical

I stand corrected. thanks for the info guys.

Oh, I almost forgot to say that I like the effect your lens baby created on this portrait :) Sharpness is not everything.

PS. Do you have the Composer? I'd be interested in a LB that has an aperature value of 2.8. I've only ever seen F/4

very cool. Not too often do you see shots like this so this is intersting. When I see this it makes me feel like I am looking at a renaissance painting.

I'm not a fan. I dunno if it's the angle or the LB but her arms look unflatteringly huge. I don't understand the fake flower strapped to her head. And that green border is just atrocious.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back