Model Tara Lightfoot

No, I assure you that any problems with the selections shown are merely the choices I made - she certainly is a professional model who offered many facial expressions, but one of these is the right one for me.

I'm thinking the one that makes it into my portfolio is number 2.

No - scrap that. Make it number 4.

Looks like you've run into a nest of trolls- the ones that are all mouth and no product.

You have done good work, you do good work, and I'm pretty sure you will continue to improve in the future and do work far beyond what any of the trolls here will ever be able to do.

Thanks for sharing.

Looks like you've run into a nest of trolls- the ones that are all mouth and no product.

You have done good work, you do good work, and I'm pretty sure you will continue to improve in the future and do work far beyond what any of the trolls here will ever be able to do.

Thanks for sharing.
Ditto. (I hate saying that but oh well)

Your photos aren't perfect. You probably knew that. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone on here post a perfect image though. Your work IS good.

Thanks for sharing.

It would appear that you have taken a shot at me. I must admit that it hurts although I might have had it coming. And just because I have been critical of the photos in this post doesn't mean this guy hasn't done good work. I looked at his flickr photos and must say I am very impressed with some of it.

I guess I'm just kinda stunned that you would say the things you have and I think you've got the wrong idea about me.

Thanks for sharing.

Right, let me just meet up with him and head to the beach to show him what I was talking about. That's a very likely scenario. Should I really post a picture for every comment or critique I post?

Here's one for you, my dinner the other night:

Oh wait. I'm sorry, I forgot it's time to conform to the good job syndrome.

Right, let me just meet up with him and head to the beach to show him what I was talking about. That's a very likely scenario. Should I really post a picture for every comment or critique I post?

Ouch. A tiny bit edgy aren't we?

So why you so bitter? What is it that pisses you off so bad you got to be like that?

Here's one for you, my dinner the other night:

I don't understand why anyone thinks I am searching for only "good jobs" and in fact I find it very insulting.

The simple fact is that the poster that started this left a rude message, without offering any type of offer of critique. As you can see above, I did comment when those that DID offer constructive criticism, and thanked them for it - that's what this site SHOULD be about.

Bigalbest did NOT do that. He offered a vague comment about how my work is beneath him, I took offense, as did others apparently. Furthermore, he has not offered any of HIS work on this site for critique, which speaks volumes if you ask me - he's comfortable with convincing himself that his work is above the rest, and that he went to "school to learn his trade", and that is good enough for him.

I looked at his work, and frankly I didn't get it. He has some nice lighting, but the subject matter is mostly just HIM, and several of the photos have compositional problems, or are too overdone with HDR or photoshop tricks. Some though, are very nice, and I applaud him for that, mostly the lighting.

However I didn't get on here to BASH him, did I? I didn't attack anyone! I merely asked him NOT to post in my threads unless he wants to offer help above vague putdowns.

Surely my work isn't perfect, and I still have a LOT to learn. I understand that. However, sometimes when you're taking pictures, it's NOT about having everything exposed correctly, or having a crew of 3/4 as bigalbest suggested, or having 80 different lights... rather its about the imagery and the emotions it brings up. If you've seen similar pictures 100 times before, ok, oh well, it does nothing for you - but ive also recieved many compliments.

I take them BOTH in stride, and when someone makes a suggestion, I LISTEN. I also remember to take all things in stride.

I mean seriously, look at this thread. I've recieved compliments FOR and CRITIQUES against the lighting. The model has recieved compliments FOR looking natural, and CRITIQUES about NOT looking natural.

Everyone sees things in different ways, and until Bigalbest realizes this and just posts things that are helpful, I just hope he stays out of my threads.

On and to Bigalbest... you offered me your flickr and said I was free to leave comments, so I will. Seeing pictures of yourself over and over and over might do wonders for your ego, but for the rest of us it gets boring - I'd suggest looking for some new subjects! :)

I don't understand why anyone thinks I am searching for only "good jobs" and in fact I find it very insulting.

The simple fact is that the poster that started this left a rude message, without offering any type of offer of critique. As you can see above, I did comment when those that DID offer constructive criticism, and thanked them for it - that's what this site SHOULD be about.

Bigalbest did NOT do that. He offered a vague comment about how my work is beneath him, I took offense, as did others apparently. Furthermore, he has not offered any of HIS work on this site for critique, which speaks volumes if you ask me - he's comfortable with convincing himself that his work is above the rest, and that he went to "school to learn his trade", and that is good enough for him.

I looked at his work, and frankly I didn't get it. He has some nice lighting, but the subject matter is mostly just HIM, and several of the photos have compositional problems, or are too overdone with HDR or photoshop tricks. Some though, are very nice, and I applaud him for that, mostly the lighting.

However I didn't get on here to BASH him, did I? I didn't attack anyone! I merely asked him NOT to post in my threads unless he wants to offer help above vague putdowns.

Surely my work isn't perfect, and I still have a LOT to learn. I understand that. However, sometimes when you're taking pictures, it's NOT about having everything exposed correctly, or having a crew of 3/4 as bigalbest suggested, or having 80 different lights... rather its about the imagery and the emotions it brings up. If you've seen similar pictures 100 times before, ok, oh well, it does nothing for you - but ive also recieved many compliments.

I take them BOTH in stride, and when someone makes a suggestion, I LISTEN. I also remember to take all things in stride.

I mean seriously, look at this thread. I've recieved compliments FOR and CRITIQUES against the lighting. The model has recieved compliments FOR looking natural, and CRITIQUES about NOT looking natural.

Everyone sees things in different ways, and until Bigalbest realizes this and just posts things that are helpful, I just hope he stays out of my threads.

On and to Bigalbest... you offered me your flickr and said I was free to leave comments, so I will. Seeing pictures of yourself over and over and over might do wonders for your ego, but for the rest of us it gets boring - I'd suggest looking for some new subjects! :)

I was refering to Abraxas' post.

But how do you like my attempt at Udon. I need bigger bowls.

Cool man, jump all over me sorry you're so hurt you feel the need to do that.

I was refering to Abraxas' post.

But how do you like my attempt at Udon. I need bigger bowls.

Pardon me, but you mis-spelled balls.

I am really interested in hearing why, what you have to say is so- well, like it is?

You probably have some redeeming qualities where the bigass, or whatever it calls itself should be put on ignore lists until it goes away.

I am really interested in hearing why, what you have to say is so- well, like it is?

You probably have some redeeming qualities where the bigass, or whatever it calls itself should be put on ignore lists until it goes away.

I concur on all accounts!

Thanks for sharing.

Plural. So if you're not refering to me, who is pretty much the only other poster in this thread that posted a "negative" comment, then please point out all of your trolls.

I have never been personally attacked quite like this since I was in elementary school. I don't know what to say other than I am sorry if I have offended you deeply enough to warrant this.

enough about trolls... and could the people that have attitiudes drop this now please... i do not want to have to lock a perfectly good image thread.
In future either try and give a good contructive crits or dont bother at all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back