Model testshoot

The other one agreed to doing tfcd but requests a make up artist....

Lol this is not easy...

But have made some progress....

Less experienced models i guess will be easier to bull**** into posing for a rookie like myself...

there should't be any need to bull$%^t a model either. just be honest about what your doing and what you want. put out a casting call and explain what you want.

Model mayhem is a good resource. Always tell potential models that they can bring someone with them and you should bring an assistant along also. It helps them to feel safe and more legit...
You generally get what you pay for :) free is going to be someone inexperienced unless you already have an awesome portfolio. I get lots of inquiries from model mayhem models because they like my style and have heard about how fun and creative my shoots are. ( I also treat my models and makeup artists well. I supply drinks and snacks and comfortable places to sit between shoots.) Put up some great work and the models will be seeking you out :)

If you don't have a portfolio yet approach attractive people you know and ask them.

A local photographer sets up several model shoots workshop style a couple of times a year. We all (6 of us) put in to pay for several makeup artists, craft services and any location permits and invite a 6 to 8 models from model mayhem to join us for a full day shoot. We all get equal time with each model, we bring outfits and the models bring outfits.. We do 2 different locations.. We all come away with unique photos. The models love boosting their portfolios and the diversity provided by the different photographers and their styles. It feels like a big production and adds to the experience for the models.
I love getting to experiment and the creative energy everyone brings to the project! A nice bonus is get to meet and work with 6+ new models. It's good to have an idea on how comfortable they are and how well they work the camera so I can keep them in mind for "paid" jobs. Saves time in casting later.
Anyway.... Just some ideas.

Last edited:
Model mayhem is a good resource. Always tell potential models that they can bring someone with them and you should bring an assistant along also. It helps them to feel safe and more legit...
You generally get what you pay for :) free is going to be someone inexperienced unless you already have an awesome portfolio. I get lots of inquiries from model mayhem models
do you think you could post some of your photos with models for educational purposes? pretty please 8)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back