Modeling Headshots: Luke

i dont like the facial expressions at all. they do seem rather lifeless and forced like hes 'smiling' half-assed.

two cents!

If you are going to critique on the quality of the images, such as lighting, exposure, color, dof, focus, sharpness, etc., thats one thing. But if your only comment is on how you don't like his smile or expressions, don't bother. Thanks.

Not much I can say about these. Nice shots. Pretty much nailed it. Cept the post title was headshots and they aren't all headshots. HA! i knew i'd find a problem. :D

Great shots but I have one tip. My friend owns a talent agency and I have been working wiht her and her clients. One thing she does not like is a solid white or black background. I'm not sure if this is an industry preference or hers but I thought I would pass it along.

Not much I can say about these. Nice shots. Pretty much nailed it. Cept the post title was headshots and they aren't all headshots. HA! i knew i'd find a problem. :D

Hee hee, thanks for finding the discrepancy. I'll try to be careful with my titles next time. ;) Thanks for the nice words.

Great shots but I have one tip. My friend owns a talent agency and I have been working wiht her and her clients. One thing she does not like is a solid white or black background. I'm not sure if this is an industry preference or hers but I thought I would pass it along.

Good to know. Thanks for the tip Richelle. :)

My friend owns a talent agency and I have been working wiht her and her clients. One thing she does not like is a solid white or black background. I'm not sure if this is an industry preference or hers but I thought I would pass it along.

Surely this is her preference. I've seen countless fashion and beauty spreads against white backgrounds. They're a staple of the industry, not an exception.

The photos are stunning. I'm shocked how sharp and clean they are.

Anyways I think that with that hair the kid won't have many chances. Something has to be done to that hair. Everything else on him is ok, yet I think his nose is a bit large :D

Sorry, but this made me laugh. I think this kid would get jobs mainly because his hair is so unique.

Surely this is her preference. I've seen countless fashion and beauty spreads against white backgrounds. They're a staple of the industry, not an exception.

Yes, I kinda figured. Im glad, because I love using white backgrounds. Thanks for confirming this.

Sorry, but this made me laugh. I think this kid would get jobs mainly because his hair is so unique.

I completely agree! :)

I'm pretty sure fashion and beauty spreads are not the same as headshots. In headshots and zed cards most do not prefer a solid white or black backgrounds- especially black because it doesn't enhance the picture. Print ads and spreads are totally different. Again, just repeating what I heard from my friend. Her agency is www.youthtalentconnection.com if you want to see some of her headshots. She mostly works with children so maybe backgrounds are different.

I liked the quality of shots and think that the exposure themselves were very good, I would have liked to seen a little more variety in posing. Just to see something different. Irregardless of what the model looked like, the pictures did seem a bit repetitive to me.

But your sharpness was tack on!

I'm pretty sure fashion and beauty spreads are not the same as headshots. In headshots and zed cards most do not prefer a solid white or black backgrounds- especially black because it doesn't enhance the picture. Print ads and spreads are totally different. Again, just repeating what I heard from my friend. Her agency is www.youthtalentconnection.com if you want to see some of her headshots. She mostly works with children so maybe backgrounds are different.

Thanks for the link. Interesting.

I liked the quality of shots and think that the exposure themselves were very good, I would have liked to seen a little more variety in posing. Just to see something different. Irregardless of what the model looked like, the pictures did seem a bit repetitive to me.

But your sharpness was tack on!

A little repetitive, yes, fair enough. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

What sort of other post processing did you do? Any sharpening?

What sort of other post processing did you do? Any sharpening?

I go through a specific processing workflow, which includes adjusting exposure, noise, color, white balance, and of course sharpness. As a final step, I microsharpen in PS after resizing for web viewing, and before posting to the web. If I don't do that, it just looks too soft after resizing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back