Modeling Shots- C&C Please! NSFW

well it does have a mirror in it, so unless its on mirror lock up... its going to shake a little. my photo teacher showed us just how much by putting his camera on a tripod and using a cable release. He told us all to put a couple fingers on the tripod, and when he hit the release.... you could feel it all the way through the tripod.

maybe check to see if your camera has the lock up feature?

I will do that, thank you! I would like to shoot in the dark and compliment that a really nice tripod would be worth the money and this shows it!

ya I mean the tripod matters... but the tripod my teacher used to show us... VERY expensive and it still didnt make a difference, it still had a slightest bit of shake.

Actually I only showed that pic to show what the flash was getting me, never said it was any good. If you notice it's not framed and my logo is no where to be found!

Objectively, I agree with previous posters. The are a little dark and the focus isn't quite right, but that has readily been established.

I have to say I agree that they seem a little tasteless. But, to each their own. My only concern and I'm sure I'm just overreacting, but you do have permission from these models to post these photos on the internet, correct? They weren't private sessions? I'm familiar with boudoir sessions, but I want to make sure these girls have given their consent. I'm stepping off my soapbox now... :)

Objectively, I agree with previous posters. The are a little dark and the focus isn't quite right, but that has readily been established.

I have to say I agree that they seem a little tasteless. But, to each their own. My only concern and I'm sure I'm just overreacting, but you do have permission from these models to post these photos on the internet, correct? They weren't private sessions? I'm familiar with boudoir sessions, but I want to make sure these girls have given their consent. I'm stepping off my soapbox now... :)

Yes sir, sure do have the right to post them and use them as I want to!

I use a tripod to shoot, so I don't know how it would shake. I also use a remote to shoot so I'm not touching the camera when it snaps.

Maybe it's not camera shake. The models aren't going to be completely still, if you are shooting at a low shutter speed any movement will give some blur. I don't think the issue is so much blur as it is missed focus though.

Things to focus on would be lighting, composition and developing an artistic eye. Impeded nudes require integration with makeup, lighting & wardrobe (or lack of). Take a stroll at ModelMayhem and study some of the photography there.

By strobes I mean just plain ole speedlights, remotely triggered. Use Pocketwizards, RadioPoppers, etc. Whatever works.

The extra light helps pull your subject away from the background, making them pop. Separation from the background is a key point in model or portrait photography. This way your model doesn't just blend in with everything around them. Which is what is happening with some of yours.

Here's an example that I use to show how flash is used effectively to make the subject pop. Just used SB-600's, one through an umbrella and the other bare.

3372310441_5ce8e6a54c_o.jpg

See how there is a distinct difference in the lighting for the subject and the background? I could have used natural light, but the "pop" wouldn't have been there and the lighting would have made for a flat picture. Constant light is a great thing to have. But get some flashes in the mix and it will improve ten-fold.

Okayyyyy....I am all about people being supportive and helpful on this site...last week I experienced a very rude guy on the forum and said I would never be that way, but I am gonna head that direction in a non-rude manner, please don't take offense to what I am saying....

-None of the photos are in focus. Only bits and pieces of the models are in focus.
-Your lighting is not flattering to your models at all.
-When you have your brunette biting her lip, her eyes are closed....I'm no pro in the men's entertainment (or women's) but I believe the eyes are capable of making an entire photo. Not to mention that the lip biting just doesn't fit well on her face. You need to make them look their best....don't just make them do sexy things or make sexy faces if it doesn't flatter their appearance.
-The last picture of the girl in the grey....She looks slightly googly-eyed and borderline nauseous....Nothing flattering about it.
-You have to take into consideration what they're wearing (or not wearing.) The outfits and jewelry were hideous.

I think you have good potential, but you need to switch up the lighting, get better focus, learn what makes each girl look prettiest, stop trying to force unflattering poses and NO MORE LIP BITING.

Oh, and I would consider adding a fan in these shots...It would cause a nice effect with their hair.

Again, sorry if this was harsh but when it comes to photographing people...I believe it's the photographer's duty to make sure that their models look as good as they can...and I don't believe that was accomplished here. Spend more time studying their faces a little and see what angle is more flattering. No forcing.

One more thing.....

I would change up the logo unless it has some meaningful story behind it. It's the first thing I look at (which could be good i guess in a business aspect) but it feels like an eye sore for me. It takes away from the photos and makes them look very amateur. Less is always better when putting your name on a photograph.

=)

I have learned a lot from this post and I have had some good criticism that will help me get better shots. The shots so far were just random getting together and shooting, I am working on setting up something for saturday so I can shoot with the knowledge I've learned and to organize it better. I will do better and I have a lot more ideas than before. I let the models know to bring tons of makeup as well as outfits so I have more to work with.

I understand what everyone is pointing out and I have read a lot of material as well as watched a bunch of videos. I have read more into my cameras manual and played with tons of settings.

One guy pointed out the logo, it is my logo for my website, I am a web design major and I found photography to be one of my strong points, stronger once I utilize everything I am learning.

These do nothing for me at all, not being negative, just honest. I'll pass along one piece of advice that I got from a photographer that used to shoot portfolio work for girls looking to get into Playboy and that type of mag.

Script / storyboard your shoots! Don't just bring in models and wing it, biggest waste of time. Have a theme/s otherwise they look like passport shots.

Oh ya, light light and more light and some 2.8 - 1.4 stuff would be good. :thumbup:

Hey, I get only red x's. Whats the deal?:lmao:

cant see the pictures?!$@?

Most reactions

Back