Modelly Broody Pic

shareefy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok i tried to make a nice modelly pic, but keep it also kinda dark and sullen and whatever, and here is my attempt. I would like to know a general opinion to it, as the ladder was mistake, but without it i think the whole picture could be dead.

ok....i revised it in view of some of the tips below..improvement or not?

Ok, here we go.
Selective coloring is almost always a mistake unless you do it flawlessly, which 99.9 percent of us can't pull off.
The comp is nice, but the on board flash kills it for me. Pretty girl. I'd love to see this one done with a more complimentary lighting.
My suggestion would be to take her to some nice lighting, a window perhaps, and try again.
You are new, so this is good, but we all want to help you grow.

ah ok thanks :)
im not very certain what you mean by "the on board flash" though? ill definitely try different lighting techniques for all my pics! thanks again!

I'm not a fan of the selective coloring either. This one would probably look better completely black & white. The flash seems to blow out the face so there is little detail in the face. I like the compostion though and the expression on the face...

ive made an attempt at fixing it! has it improved it or not?

im sorry to be all annoying and bump this but i still don't know if there was an improvement or not! anyone?

I happen to like selective coloring here and there but I have to say your picture looks much better in plain black and white. You even touched up the white in the eyes, didn't you? In my opinion it's way over the top and looks kinda .. hm.. not cool. ;)

Leave it in its original state, it's a very cool shot.

I agree with elsaspet. On-board or on-camera flash is a flash directly on the camera, often built in. This gives a very direct light, which ends up flat. I don't think an edit is going to help much. I'd do a reshoot using different light.

I have to say I'm not that huge a fan. It has this Warhol-esque feel that makes it reminiscent of a myspace self-headshot. It's not a bad attempt, though. As some others have said, I think it could have been a lot better with improved lighting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back