models

silver163

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
has anyone who done model photography in the past had issues with models? such as them being really nasty or wanting lots of money per photo even though they had 0 experience?

Well, you can show a little patience and wait more than 3 hours for an answer... this *is* an international forum. ;)

I've never had problems with any model, ever. Before a model gets to see me lift the camera, she sits on my stool and we talk things over. Setting expectations *is* kinda important, right? I do this even if it is at an event where no money exchanges hands. The least you can do is get to know the person in front of you and give them the chance to get to know you a little too.

There are all kinds of people on this earth, and if you are going to be in photography to some extent or another, you will eventually meet the gamut of personalities.

What is *your* level of experience?

Well, you can show a little patience and wait more than 3 hours for an answer... this *is* an international forum. ;)

I've never had problems with any model, ever. Before a model gets to see me lift the camera, she sits on my stool and we talk things over. Setting expectations *is* kinda important, right? I do this even if it is at an event where no money exchanges hands. The least you can do is get to know the person in front of you and give them the chance to get to know you a little too.

There are all kinds of people on this earth, and if you are going to be in photography to some extent or another, you will eventually meet the gamut of personalities.

What is *your* level of experience?
I didn't have that chance, I used ModelMayhem and prior to even meeting them I would ask if they were interested in boosting both portfolios but they would just say "i want money" and these were ones without any experience.

Models, of the amateur variety, can be very unreliable and petty.

Just remember, you don't have to press the shutter button if you don't want to.

Look for TFCD shoots if you don't want to pay.

Where Professional Models Meet Model Photographers - ModelMayhem

I tried but they just change their minds and want money :(

Models, of the amateur variety, can be very unreliable and petty.

As can photographers too, but the point is all in how and where you find these people. I swear, I have *NO* issues finding models thanks to a couple of local photography forums and mostly from the Montreal Strobist group.

Example, this Saturday, I am again going to an event where there will be about 20-25 photographers, 30+ models and since we opened the door to the idea, about 10-15 make-up artists.

The goal? Have fun and TFP/TFS. Most are amateurs, some are professionals but ALL are there for the pleasure of the exchange and the experience.

I read a lot about what happens at MM and often you seem to have more bad results than good. Too many "no shows" for my taste and a little too much arrogance from both sides.

Maybe I am fortunate in my area, but finding someone to stand in front of my camera is a complete non-issue. I think it all comes down to a little organizing and having a LOT of fun.

The important issue is making sure to have an agreement in place...before you shoot anything.

So if you are having issues before you even meet...then just consider part of the weeding out process.

By the way, don't the models specify on their profile if they are willing to do 'Time For...' shoots?

yeah they do specify but they change their minds that is the most frustrating part for me.

What is your portfolio on the site like?

I can imagine that if a photographer asks them to do a TF shoot, they will look at the portfolio and see if you are any good. They don't want to waste their time any more than you do...plus, they also have to worry about creeps who might just want to ogle them.

So maybe the issue is that you need to improve your portfolio before you can attract good models. That might put you in a catch 22 situation where you can't improve your portfolio without models but you can't get models without a good portfolio.

What is your portfolio on the site like?

I can imagine that if a photographer asks them to do a TF shoot, they will look at the portfolio and see if you are any good. They don't want to waste their time any more than you do...plus, they also have to worry about creeps who might just want to ogle them.

So maybe the issue is that you need to improve your portfolio before you can attract good models. That might put you in a catch 22 situation where you can't improve your portfolio without models but you can't get models without a good portfolio.
my portfolio: http://www.portfolio.orangestonephotography.com/

but as i said i was trying to find models with 0 experience but problem is that even they want money and not just a bit usually its from $200-$500 I had one who wanted $2,000 per photo but that's the most extreme they gotten.

yeah try coping and pasting the link. i am not sure what is going on, have to figure out with the host later today.

Well I got in but not to the area you specified in the url. I just delelted to you home page but, the interface would not allow me into any of your sub categories. All I saw were landscapes and cityscapes but no people shots. Also yes some people believe they are gods gift to everyone, you just have to learn to deal with them.

I believe that the proper link would be Vlad Kryvdyk - Portfolio

Looks like we are neighbors, I live in Buffalo Grove and work in Vernon Hills :)
and looks like you have some russian cityscapes in your portfolio. I am from Russia as well, so if you wanna go shot somewhere, sometime, let me know, especially if you find a good model :)

I believe that the proper link would be Vlad Kryvdyk - Portfolio

Looks like we are neighbors, I live in Buffalo Grove and work in Vernon Hills :)
and looks like you have some russian cityscapes in your portfolio. I am from Russia as well, so if you wanna go shot somewhere, sometime, let me know, especially if you find a good model :)
haha this is a one in a million shot but it is actually ukraine.

Most reactions

Back