MrMatthieu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mondephotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

Sorry for my English this not my language. I hope pictures will talk for me;) .
I started photography during a long stay in India just 1 year ago, amazed by was I have seen overthere.
As an introduction I would like to show you a picture taken in Hong Kong last week. All criticism more than welcome.;)
Matthieu

This is terrific composition.
The only thing I would like to see is a little more of the engine (?) so we can clearly see that he is driving something.

The_Traveler said:
This is terrific composition.
The only thing I would like to see is a little more of the engine (?) so we can clearly see that he is driving something.

The Travaveler, thank you for you comment.
Not too much traffic on this part of the forum and quite hard to get valuable comment :mrgreen: , so I really appreciate your

If I understand well you ask me "what is driving this old man?".
In fact is not driver, just passenger of Hong Kong Tramway, old british style.

I let here one more picture of thes tramways and you will understand better.

I find these Bus-tramway very interesting for picture, mix of modernity & old british heritage, it is like short summary of life, people together in the same place but so far in the same time...
That s my personnal view of this ;)
Give me your opinion about this one also of you find it interesting.

Matthieu

The second image you posted is just too neat, your eye follows the image on teh bus and ends up on the boy looking not so ammused on the bus. The conversion is also very rich :)

By the way, your English is much better then my French.... the French I remember from Grade 7 :)

Peanuts said:
The second image you posted is just too neat, your eye follows the image on teh bus and ends up on the boy looking not so ammused on the bus. The conversion is also very rich :)

By the way, your English is much better then my French.... the French I remember from Grade 7 :)

Hello peanuts,

Thanks for your comment,:wink:

Thank for my english also , but you know what I am not sure to catch the meaning of "too neat", based on altavista translation I understand the compition of the picture is efficient , is ti your idea?

For B&W conversion I use a free plugg in filter, that you can download under www.theimagingfactory.com .
I have no share on these company :mrgreen: , I just give you because it is very sharp, easy to use and free.
I never succeeded using other method to create good ( to my point) B&W.

I am sure in this forum I can make huge progress in photography... & english too :lol:

For your french don't be shy, tell me what you remember from classes :mrgreen:

Bye
Matthieu

MrMatthieu said:
If I understand well you ask me "what is driving this old man?".
In fact is not driver, just passenger of Hong Kong Tramway, old british style.
Matthieu

Thank you for your response.
What I meant was that I would like to have seen a little more of his surroundings so I could understand where he was; perhaps see a little more of the train.

However, the picture itself is marvelous just as it is.

The_Traveler said:
Thank you for your response.
What I meant was that I would like to have seen a little more of his surroundings so I could understand where he was; perhaps see a little more of the train.

However, the picture itself is marvelous just as it is.

Ok I understand it is true that is quite difficult to imagine what it is. I hope the 2nd picture give you more details of the tramway which is exactly same that the one on the 1st picture ( except decoration).
Thanks

Matthieu

The second picture is awesome! It's not only the image on the bus (with the little boy on top), but also the top row of windows. They look like a strip of film; a series of pictures within the picture. C'est magnifique!

pascal

I like your observational skills.
Keep 'em coming! :)

Most reactions

Back