Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went for a drive, got lost, took pics:
20080717224110_img_6733_4_5.jpg

20080717224101_img_6730_1_2.jpg

20080717224051_img_6724_5_6.jpg

20080717224117_img_6739_40_41.jpg

20080717224035_img_6707_8_9.jpg

Theres errors that bother me about some of the pics, but Id just thought Id share

SS3

awesome job how many pictures did you combine also camera/settings , sorry for being so curious it's just i want to start my own hdr's.

All shots were take above f/8, 3 exposures per HDR, ISO 100

Sky was layered to give an added effect

Used photomatix to combine them, briefly tone mapped and then used CS3 to get them to my liking.

those are absolutely amazing!!!

I really like the first and the second to last!

wow stunning pictures....right now I am reading " The HDRI Handbook" everything seems like french to me hopefully I be able to learn HDR when I return from duty.

VERY NICE pictures! :)

so can you explain what other settings you have for the 3 exposures per HDR? what f-stop, shutter speed etc?

thanks

All shots were take above f/8, 3 exposures per HDR, ISO 100

Sky was layered to give an added effect

Used photomatix to combine them, briefly tone mapped and then used CS3 to get them to my liking.

Thx everyone for your kind words

I shot in Aperature Priority so you shutter speed is gunna vary depending on the amount of light available. I used a +2/-2 autobracket, shot with my Xt and kit lens at 18mm (except 3 was at 24mm)

Not gunna list all the exif data, but heres an example using number 1:

Constant aperture f/8
1/400
1/1600
1/100
Center-weighted average metering

A huge part in how your pictures come out will be your ability to post process them well and not get sucked into making a unrealist HDR compostion.

Good luck shooting

Some nice shots. I haven't done HDR myself really, but it is my understanding that you want to capture the entire range. It doesn't look like you did that with the one of the fence. Your shadows are too dark. I would try combining more shots with your shadows exposed more and it should look great.

Having said that it is probably better than I can do. Good shooting.

thanks man,

i don't think my d60 has any auto bracket so I assume .. i can trick it by manually adjusting the shutter?

Thx everyone for your kind words

I shot in Aperature Priority so you shutter speed is gunna vary depending on the amount of light available. I used a +2/-2 autobracket, shot with my Xt and kit lens at 18mm (except 3 was at 24mm)

Not gunna list all the exif data, but heres an example using number 1:

Constant aperture f/8
1/400
1/1600
1/100
Center-weighted average metering

A huge part in how your pictures come out will be your ability to post process them well and not get sucked into making a unrealist HDR compostion.

Good luck shooting

^Ya the D60 doesnt have an autobracket feature, but shooting without it isnt that bad, you'll probably learn better without it anyways...
I think there is a good tutorial on stuckincustoms.com on shooting HDR
Link http://stuckincustoms.com/2006/06/06/548/

Some nice shots. I haven't done HDR myself really, but it is my understanding that you want to capture the entire range. It doesn't look like you did that with the one of the fence. Your shadows are too dark. I would try combining more shots with your shadows exposed more and it should look great.

Having said that it is probably better than I can do. Good shooting.

Ya that pic didnt turn out as well I would have hoped...I really needed a slave to light up the fence a bit more. There is also the fringe on the right hand side above the tree line that bothers me.

Jeff Canes said:
good work, i like this less extreme style of HDR

Thx...I went through the phase of overdone and tacky HDR, got sick of it quickly

yeah really awesome job indeed ss3 :D

did you try to post somewhere or even submit for any competition though?
this is definitely noticeable :D

come to think about it .. I envy you guys ..

in San Francisco bay area here, its almost impossible for me to catch any time with such nice formation of clouds :) in here, its either super clear will all the clouds on the horizon, or super foggy that nothing you shot can capture anything worthy :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back